Montana Red 1969 Microbus Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
micro_effected.jpg

Picked up a set of matching OG steels with stock tyres yesterday which look much more at home!

Got the engine all ready to fire up but typically the starter motor has given up the ghost so a new one is due to be delivered tomorrow.

New windscreen and seal is due to be fitted this week. Then, assuming the engine is OK I should be just a few electrical mods, a new driveshaft and long trackrod away from being something like roadworthy!

I have also fitted a new set of ply door cards and ply lined the rear load floor this week, will have to get some more photos to put up!

Great foresight mate, you got a decent bus on yer hands! Hope the engine works out, real bonus!

creationblue said:
Great foresight mate, you got a decent bus on yer hands! Hope the engine works out, real bonus!

Cheers! Yeah sometimes you've just got to have a bit of vision. All my mates thought I was mad and that it was a total shed but I had a bit of (luckily well placed) faith in what was underneath.

dubscum said:
i love it when a plan comes together :D

... Sort of! New starter arrived this morning, so fitted it and tried to start the thing up again. Got spark, but no fuel... New fuel pump and lines but I need a longer fuel pump push rod - d'oh. :lol:

IMG_20130429_120848.jpg

Ordered one from Machine 7 so should be here in time for another attempt tomorrow evening.

OldSpeed said:
Ordered one from Machine 7 so should be here in time for another attempt tomorrow evening.

So new fuel pump push rod fitted, engine static timed and a leaky manifold boot sorted and we have life! :D :D :D

Such a satisfying feeling knowing you've resurrected it yourself.

Looks great - good work! I think I was really lucky to have all the original grey doorcards for mine still in mint condition.

Gill.

So it's been a while since my last update. I've got loads done though and the bus is pretty much ready for an MOT.

I didn't have time to take many progress photos along the way due to work/life getting in the way but to give you an idea of some of the things I've been up to...

- New electric washer bottle fitted.
- Engine support bar adapter fitted to engine.
- Complete new stock exhaust system fitted.
- Cab floor repairs welded in.
- New track rods fitted.
- New steering coupling fitted.
- Ply interior panels and roof lining fitted.

Where I'm up to now:

P1040890.jpg

P1040889.jpg

P1040904.jpg

P1040905.jpg

Doors are rust free:
P1040901.jpg

Underside is dry and unmolested:
P1040899.jpg

P1040897.jpg

P1040895.jpg

Nice find bud.so dry n clean.:)

Out of curiosity have you attached the wooden floor down or just layed it down in the back?
I'm fitting my interior and wondering how best to do it.

Keep em coming.:)

Latest posts