More lowering advice please :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries nice van. I got stopped the other day, someone dashed from the car behind to tell me my wheels are falling off, as they are leaning in at the top.

When I told him thanks but that correct, he said no you have a problem as he has seen not seen other, then again those must not have been lowered!

From the rear it does look a light weird from the right angle! I think this is one of the benefits of horseshoe plates and adjustable spring plates, but not 100% sure about this!

Got the front beam out today and fitted the Avis adjusters :)

couple of small probs, the long bolt got a bit bent so I need to find a couple of better quality steel replacements... any ideas?

also the leaves somehow got put in the wrong way. top in bottom, bottom in top :oops: it was difficult to get them in so instead of doing it all again we took the swing arms off and switched them.... does anyone know if this will make any difference? They look the same.

Here's a pic .......

October09339.jpg

rest are here.... http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/type2tattoo/CyByLs%20Restoration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lol yeah we did that, silly mistake but it was getting late :oops:

Do you know if there is any difference between the top n bottom leaves?

type2tattoo said:

No there the same top and bottom....And you want an M14X1.5 bolt/stud to replace that stud

ground hugger said:
type2tattoo said:

No there the same top and bottom....And you want an M14X1.5 bolt/stud to replace that stud

Thankyou :) any idea where to get them from ?

ground hugger said:
You could try local motor factors or nut/bolt suppliers

I had a word with Alan at Volksbolts and he has managed to find me some good quality (10.9HT) 65mm M14 grub screws :) £15 quid each though but worth it for peace of mind. I have heard some nasty stories about these bolts shearing off :shock:

He is getting 10 made as specials so if anyone else has the same prob..... sorted :)

Latest posts