More work coming my way (when I find the time)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gninnam

Reaction score
Well, finally manged to get the middle belly pan removed and look what I found:

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Outriggers plus crossmember at the front and back required :cry:
Lots of surface rust as usual.

Plus, when I snipped the heaterpipes lagging of, this is what happened:

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

So a new pipe will be required (was the original lagging :D )

Cheers

dont worry ive just started to remove my bell pan and removed the cargo floor and started to replace the top hat bars and all the out rigers but it is all worth it in the end good look with yours :D

gninnam said:
Plus, when I snipped the heaterpipes lagging of, this is what happened:

DSCF0002.jpg

So a new pipe will be required (was the original lagging :D )

Cheers

It looks like you could salvage the lagging though - every cloud has a silver lining!!! :lol:

At least you'll know it'll all be straight when you're done - keep the faith!

;)

Was hoping to be going to Glastobury in it this year - don't thinks so :cry:

Plus at the end of August got a camp site booked in North Wales, thinks that might be a close shave :oops:

I know, I gotta keep the faith, but when the missus finds out, I know she'll want the bugger sold :shock:

Are well :roll:

Reads me mail plus can see the van so a bit difficult :cry:

See how I get on anyways eh, first time so who knows, might take to it like a duck to water :D

gninnam said:
Reads me mail plus can see the van so a bit difficult :cry: ...

Errmm, what I meant was - honesty is the best policy, tell her everything and ask her for her assistance, I'm sure she'll be a great help with the resto!

;)

'Cause I'll tell her - just hope she's OK with it.

When it failed it's MOT last year she told me to get rid, but I managed to swing it round
so I thinks she's in for the long haul (and bottomless pit!!!) :D

is there any way you can flip it mate. it realy does save a lot of time in the long run and enable you to lay a better weld. welding above you is hard work not to mention probably the most pain youll ever experience. on the plus point your top hats look very salvagable. 1mm thick cutting blades on ebay are my new best friend strongley recomend them. hang in there

andewilson said:
is there any way you can flip it mate. it realy does save a lot of time in the long run and enable you to lay a better weld. welding above you is hard work not to mention probably the most pain youll ever experience. on the plus point your top hats look very salvagable. 1mm thick cutting blades on ebay are my new best friend strongley recomend them. hang in there

Would love to flip it, but can't afford the flippy things :wink:
Just bought some 'Plasma' discs from MachineMart, only 81p each and also 1mm thick so see how they work.

And cheers

Andewilson,
I got some 1mm cutting discs for my Dewalt grinder - but they're too thin and they just spin around freely, am I missing something or do I need get a shim or something?
cheers
J&M

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
Andewilson,
I got some 1mm cutting discs for my Dewalt grinder - but they're too thin and they just spin around freely, am I missing something or do I need get a shim or something?
cheers
J&M

;)

hi when you use a thin disk you flip over the tightening screw thing in the middle and it should tighten fine mate. if this dorsnt work. wear an old disk to the smallest it can go and use as a shim.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-115-x1mm-THIN-INOX-METAL-CUTTING-DISK-DISC-for-BOSCH_W0QQitemZ250110199044QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20778QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cheap as chips. i found these to be the business

Pretty good that AndrewWilson - about 40% cheaper than the ones from MachineMart.

Went yesterday as I got a 15% discount offer on all Clark kit, so I bought the 135TE MIG welder, a pair of 6 Tonne axle stands
and 6 of those 1mm cutting disks and 3 grinding disks - all for £193...

Bonus :D

andewilson said:
hi when you use a thin disk you flip over the tightening screw thing in the middle and it should tighten fine mate. if this dorsnt work. wear an old disk to the smallest it can go and use as a shim.

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go next time I venture out to the garage!

;)

Ive had the thin disc spin on me to, all i did was put a piece of duct tape over the hole and poked the spindle thru, worked a treat! :wink:

Latest posts