Mot failure pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got the grinder and cutting discs out today to tackle the near side front jack point.
After pulling that horrible large plastic mudflat off I found this

e25b4700.jpg

It was full of this
c126fd4a.jpg

Rubber and filler
c4e8bd2f.jpg

Started to grind and cut away the dead metal

69152234.jpg

66bff642.jpg

All cut out ground and prepd new jacking point going in tomorrow then I'll start on the shock mounts

i have narrowed arms, they work a treat. I have no fouling, nothing touching etc. I'd speak to slamwerks they always have time for a quick chat and good advice

dubscum said:
i have narrowed arms, they work a treat. I have no fouling, nothing touching etc. I'd speak to slamwerks they always have time for a quick chat and good advice

Yeah thanks dubscum I'll give ted a call tomorrow and get some advice

uber cool said:
Good to see you're straight into. Back on the road by the weekend hopefully!

Oh yeah I can't be without my bus I should have the welding sorted tomorrow then I've hot to wait for t haus to sort the arms for me

To be honest it wasn't that bad so im obviously easily pleased when it comes to ride but yes I am looking forward to not feeling every bump

Ps I just thought all lowered buses had there suspension in the seats :lol:

Hi Mark

Looking at the pictures has the rot not set in on the inner sill as well, its hard to tell but it looks a bit crusty in the pictures?

Hi graham yep your right I was just gonna cut it out replace it the best i can and throw a load of wax oil at it before putting the jack point in.I want the bus back on the road ASAP as its my daily driver.

I'm planning on getting the body work sorted the end of this season I know your gonna say its pointless doing half a job but I'm too impatient to have it off the road too long as too many smile miles to cover

Mark

Hey dude no not yet
I didn't here back from transporter haus(I know there mad busy) so I took mt trailing arms into a local engineer workshop and they are doing them so should have them back today.
And on the welding front my mate's welder has a problem with the feed so he's trying to sort it before I get the arms back.All fun and games I've missed my retest freebie so I'll have to pay another £47 for an mot

I'll add pics as soon as I'm sorted

Mark

At least it moving forwards :D Mine's off the road too, :roll: developed anengine fault on way back from Dubfreeze :x i've stripped the engine and found a head cracked, so on with rebuilding that this weekend :roll:

Yeah I know I watch your thread
Good luck with the build and I think it looked cool low

Latest posts