MOT - smile time

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
The Westy was granted another 12 month ticket yesterday :D

Part of me is saying that by now I ought to be able to get my bus ready for stuff like this and carry out the pre work myself take it to a local MOT station and just wait for them to write me the certificate and I have total respect for the people on the forum that know their buses inside out right down to the last nut and bolt and electrical connection, but for me the joy of owning my bus has come from using it, not improving my tappet adjusting skills and checking the braking system - so letting someone else do this work means I have a worry free weekend away to Suffolk for an airshow and dinner with friends, the weekend after down to Warminster in Wiltshire for a gentle vintage festival with friends and then not long to go until Chimay and the wonderful european craziness that is EBi.

And if I'm honest, once I've found a garage/workshop that I can trust its great peace of mind to let them do the work. So for the last couple of westy's I've owned Jason at Interpro has either sorted existing engines out or rebuilt a new one for me. And yesterday the bus sailed through the MOT and Jason looked at a couple of things after another 12 months on the road.

I wouldn't have found them without Easy's recommendation a few years ago - and yes, they are still offering a discounted price for EB members when they have their MOT done there. Thanks again Chris.

The forum is many different things to many different people but as a source of honest, reliable recommendations in my opinion it is second to none and with a bit of healthy banter thrown in with other posts I probably spend far too much time on here than I should do ......

cotswoldiver said:
The Westy was granted another 12 month ticket yesterday :D

Part of me is saying that by now I ought to be able to get my bus ready for stuff like this and carry out the pre work myself take it to a local MOT station and just wait for them to write me the certificate and I have total respect for the people on the forum that know their buses inside out right down to the last nut and bolt and electrical connection, but for me the joy of owning my bus has come from using it, not improving my tappet adjusting skills and checking the braking system...

The forum is many different things to many different people but as a source of honest, reliable recommendations in my opinion it is second to none and with a bit of healthy banter thrown in with other posts I probably spend far too much time on here than I should do ......

Got to mostly agree with you, although part of joy of this site is knowing that if I want to get my hands dirty, there are folks on here happy to give advice. I had my gear shifter off a couple of weeks ago - dead easy, I know - but 12 months ago I wouldn't have considered doing it. Great mix of people, views, and experiences...best on the web IMO. :D

Congrats on the MOT pass by the way.

Just got mine from my local MOT place (the same ones who knackered my gear shift last year trying to find reverse :roll: ) - sailed through with no advisories, I mostly do all my own work but then worry that I've missed stuff that I've yet to tackle, so an MOT is almost like a stamp to say that my spanner skills are at best, not entirely dangerous :D

Latest posts