MOT today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was yesterday and it failed :( :( :( :(

Still, only some minor work on the suspension (requiring parts) and brakes (not requiring parts apparently), nothing structural (and too expensive) the garage reckon about £400 to sort.

Not as bad as I feared but worse than I'd hoped

Failed today .... :(

Gasket on upper front suspension balljoint thingy

+ a few minimal advisories

As with a pass .... result necessitates a drink

Still, only some minor work on the suspension (requiring parts) and brakes (not requiring parts apparently), nothing structural (and too expensive) the garage reckon about £400 to sort.

Had a call from the garage last night and the brakes do need parts, final quote £578 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bugger :(

I'm trying to tell myself that if I had a normal, boring, modern car that it'd probably have cost a lot more :lol:

plus we save £150+ each year in tax so knock that Off your bill

True, true........

Maybe I need to look on the bright side, it could have been much, much worse :)

pass for me today with the usuall advisory on rear bearings and steering box.i got the young lad :(he refered to it as covering his ass...... if i get the old chap he doesent advise on them.either way im happy to have another years ticket for £25 :mrgreen:

strongy said:
pass for me today with the usuall advisory on rear bearings and steering box.i got the young lad :(he refered to it as covering his ass...... if i get the old chap he doesent advise on them.either way im happy to have another years ticket for £25 :mrgreen:

result...congrats...ah is a wonderful feeling I'm still grinning like an idiot everytime I look out of the window :lol:

thanks, its defo a good feeling especialy if uve spent days before on the floor in the cold sorting all the little niggly bits. im getting ready to sell so thinking it might be the last time.for this one,im sure il have diff toy by this time next year

:lol: il still be there for pant watch and beer. i think il have something aircooled alltho some of the fireblade powerd kit cars are looking atractive at the mo :oops: .

OLIVE-BAY said:
Reborn bay man said:
Sorry my weird sense of humour re Sunday dressing up and mot's..... :lol:

oh yeah :lol: I'm a bit slow after a full 12 hour shift :lol: No dressing up this weekend its me in the nurse's uniform and believe me my knobbly knees don't look as good as hers :shock: :lol:

Do you shave your legs :lol:

Latest posts