MOT'd and saving the day.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah well on the plus side need any pats for your build at all?
i'm not rebuilding mine so i have all the ancillaries available
K@rlos said:
sjc said:
race shack built the motor about 5 years ago so well out of any warranty. plus they don't exist anymore.

From starting to pull it appart it would appear the barrel cracked first then the piston exploded and took out a chuck of the case.
As far as for why fuck knows it was running perfectly temperature and oil pressure was good.
Then Bang :evil:

Ouch :( Feel sorry for you buh, had my fair share of engine issues.

sjc said:
ah well on the plus side need any pats for your build at all?
i'm not rebuilding mine so i have all the ancillaries available
K@rlos said:
sjc said:
race shack built the motor about 5 years ago so well out of any warranty. plus they don't exist anymore.

From starting to pull it appart it would appear the barrel cracked first then the piston exploded and took out a chuck of the case.
As far as for why fuck knows it was running perfectly temperature and oil pressure was good.
Then Bang :evil:

Ouch :( Feel sorry for you buh, had my fair share of engine issues.

Oooo... Whats the tinware like? OG german?

tinwear is not pretty all a bit battered up and that is probably the only thing that might get transfered over to the 1600 haha.
That is if i can find a 1600 for less than a grand. Not paying that much for one so it might get stuck at the rents for eternity

Haha. What other bits have you got to offer? Oil cooler etc. You'll find 1, I paid £140 for mine, only needed and exhaust and carb :-D but I did seals and tubes too. if my 2110 was ready you could have had that.

yeah oil cooler with thermostat sandwich plate, cb magnaspark dizzy and leads 1 5/8s exhaust and big arse turbo muffler
webber 44s and linkage manifolds etc. breather box vented rockers. needle bearing 1.4 rockers
think i'm keeping the crank and rods for now

394C0F38-1C1C-4BDA-AE4E-5358DFA7CA48-2413-000002403BC26F7C_zpsd3c0a0a2.jpg

Back to daily status by the weekend I think

ha ha its staying in the for sale section for the time being but yeah might love it again after i start using it all the time.

To be fair i loved it the most before it had a big fuck off engine in it so hopefully the love will return

Let yourself fall in love again then save the pennies for that motor idea you told me about 8)

that engines getting built just don't know where it will end up. we will see.
Should be driving this to work tomorrow all being well.

back up and running now need to set up the carb as it is idling at 3k rpm
Also had a somewhat embarrassing moment when i got 4 cars to move out the way so i can drive out the garage only to realised i had no clutch whatsoever whoops :oops:
On the way home last night with my mates new square
DB419470-B100-40F8-AAFE-F6C589374BF1-5338-0000054F5BE18DED_zpsb3b4c40e.jpg

been adventuring in the bus recently.
Did a bit of off roading and then a small ford.
Was deep enough to get water in through the floor but she made it through and the idicator seals despite looking usless seem to work perfectly.
Who needs a 4x4 when a lowered bus will do.
testing the ford depth

forgot to get a picture of the crossing unfortunately it involved a lot of water thought the floor but there was no way i was reversing all the way back :lol:
tea stop

Well since i have chucked the 1600 in and sorted the carb and shit dizzy out i've just driven it not had to do anything for a few weeks apart from get in and drive. Its new 4x4 ride height means i have been doing a bit more fun stuff in it aprt from clenching my but cheeks everytime i see a bump in the road.
Thionking about untubbing it in fact
Had a bit of bank holiday fun

not long till ebi so i should sort out a less antisocial exhaust i suppose

still going strong 1300 miles bimbling about after ebi. Not the high paced fun i was planning but enjoyable non the less.

10313565_10152050599057471_810350373320348753_n.jpg

Staright though the mot on Saturday and back to daily driver use as of tomorrow. despite all the trails and tribulations i have had with her I think she is a keeper.
Now need to find a full length rack and when a new daily is found chop the fuck out of the back to get her sitting better

so its been a while since i updated this but not a lots happened until a fortnight ago.

lost all drive on the a11.
recovered home and pulled the engine to discover the remains of a clutch

this then persuaded me to strip it down and do the thing i had been putting off. Rear notches.
Also did a beetle gearbox swap at the same time.
All great fun on the half gravel drive.
Got there though all finished up tonight

Drives lovely wish i had done it sooner.
Few little bits and bobs to sort out and she is all ready for her MOT

Latest posts