Motor ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K@rlos said:
Just my take….

Erling gasket set
Silicone dual lip rear main seal
Fast fab or Jaycee spring loaded push rod tubes
Silver line steel backed main bearings
Silver line dual thrust cam bearings
Engle W100 is nice in an otherwise stock engine
Bolt up rocker shafts (wise upgrade even on a stock motor)
Give the heads a tickle
Electronic ignition
Exhaust: anything but vintage speed :lol:
Braided universal throttle cable, better than that solid shit

I’m gonna go along with 99% of what you said here but please remember I’m just mending a broken thing. Will you let me off if I don’t mention anything about my zoorst and just polish it when no ones looking and never mention you know what again :roll: :? :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,might have a bit of a deal here,,,,,depends on mileage though :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
K@rlos said:
Just my take….

Erling gasket set
Give the heads a tickle
Electronic ignition

I’m gonna go along with 99% of what you said here but please remember I’m just mending a broken thing. Will you let me off if I don’t mention anything about my zoorst and just polish it when no ones looking and never mention you know what again :roll: :? :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,might have a bit of a deal here,,,,,depends on mileage though :mrgreen:

Oh you’ve got a VS? I Genuinely didn’t know that :shock: :lol:

K@rlos said:
ozziedog said:
K@rlos said:
Just my take….

Erling gasket set
Give the heads a tickle
Electronic ignition

Oh you’ve got a VS? I Genuinely didn’t know that :shock: :lol:

That’s made me laff even more. I thought you did though , so double laff :lol: :lol:
Got the Elring set today and got the Elring RTV as well but now can’t find it, reckon I left it on the counter top, bugger bugger and an extra bugger :roll:
Ozziedog,,,, ,,,, supposed to get a bit smarter as you get older,,, don’t hold your breath waiting :mrgreen:

I use the (cant remember what its called) that my motor bike man recommended that he uses on bike cases, it stays "liquid" and I have never had a case leak. Dont like RTV as bits come off and go into oil ways

67panel said:
I use the (cant remember what its called) that my motor bike man recommended that he uses on bike cases, it stays "liquid" and I have never had a case leak. Dont like RTV as bits come off and go into oil ways

This was Elring gasket stuff, nice gray box from what I can remember of it. I don’t like it either because it disappears when you ain’t looking :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, all about modulas :mrgreen:

Went back to GSF a couple of days later after work all ready for the ten minute argument about me trying to con them out of a tube of stuff. Get in there and it’s a different blokey behind the counter. I tell him the story about I bought a load of stuff an Saturday and I picked it all up etc etc and it must be here because I can’t find it anywhere! :? Blokey behind the counter listens to the whole story and points to a box with a note on and says “There it is mate” :shock: complete with a note saying customer bought it and it’s all paid for but left on the counter :p :p :p happy days :mrgreen:
So case is back together then couldn’t turn the motor over more than a half a turn then ‘clunk’after popping one of the barrels on :shock: :shock: :shock: so can’t fathom it out and it’s getting late, me and my bud are both getting moooooody so we retired to the pub before we got violent with it, I’d thought of the oil pump as that was the last thing we’d fitted :? So we get a couple of pints and then I go home. My pal, so I later find out has gone straight back into the garage and pulled it all apart again because he can’t sleep with that rattling around in his head :lol: I get up there on the next day and we now know that the dissy drive was responsible because it rattles around getting in the way until the distributer is in, so lesson learned, we was just trying to be careful, but we ended up being stupid :oops:
So we’ve left it alone for a bit to calm down and I’m cracking on with cleaning out the engine bay because I wanna drop the firewall and have a look at the filler pipe. All my fuel pipes look great and I’ve had a real good look at them, I was expecting to find something wrong somewhere but nothing :mrgreen:
So collecting bits and I’ve bought some flanged hex heads screws/bolts in stainless for the tin ware to make it easier and looks great too. Starting to lose the plot with what I’ve bought where and I’ve got at least two parcels waiting for me up the post office so I need to do a little stock taking or I’m gonna get to the point where it won’t go back together because I’ve missed something out.
Spotted a fuel filter over the gearbox and that hasn’t been changed recently so now is the perfect time I guess. Best crack on because it’s Techenders next weekend and I don’t like missing that one.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,don’t like missing any of them really :mrgreen:

Good spot you probably know by now, you can trash the brass dizzy gear if you rotate the crank without the dizzy in place. I know from experience...

I always leave the dizzy drive out till after all the basic is assembled (barrels ,heads on ) to check it all rotates fine.

New clutch plate from JK but it dint look too groovy, there’s no springs on it and it’s a tiny bit looser on the splines. Think I’ll Chuck the old one back on and keep this for an emergency that may never happen. End of the day it’s only a clutch plate, not sure if it’s for a different engine but it looks different all around apart from the size.

That’s my mate (another Steve) holding both plates, but look at the difference :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,is it just me :mrgreen:

P.S.
That’s the old one in his left hand nearest the red toolbox, very very pretty this new one.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,do I expect too much just wanting it the same :mrgreen:

The springs just help with a smooth drive take up, the one without springs is a heavy duty style and might be a bit sharper on engaging and is better on a high performance motor.

67panel said:
The springs just help with a smooth drive take up, the one without springs is a heavy duty style and might be a bit sharper on engaging and is better on a high performance motor.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,cheers Davi :mrgreen:

Latest posts