MWS Fuchs..anybody got em, any good ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
nearly bought a set of black/polished for my lowered, white tintop westy at dubfreeze. bargain price, but not sure about quality as have heard some negative things about them. Any body running these ? any issues with quality and/or tyre rubbing. am thinkig 185/65 on rear and 175/55 on front. do these seem right sizes ?
what about speedo readings and gearing, will these be affected ?
any help and advice will be much appreciated.
thanks

A lot of the wheels they were selling at dubfreeze were 2nds so you only got what you paid for.

Not keen on the MWS Fuch as they don't look like the originals and the offset is very low compared to the genuine which means they stick out more. On top of this you need to fit adapters which increase the track by about 20mm on top if you plan on running stock brakes.

I would spend a little more and have hasstle free problems. If me i would buy a repro wheel from the likes of Flat4, Java or the Moneyes Speedmaster. I not repro buy original as it often works out cheaper in the long term.

MWS do those in 5x112 too. Flat4s are worth the extra cash IMHO.

the mws are well finished but if you dont look after them the laquer lifts very very quickly, the other wheel especially the sprints from them are top quality but they need alot of looking after and i certainly wouldnt use them in the winter or for a daily car.

MWS fuchs dont look like fuchs. the 112pcd look even worse. Gas burners and empi 5's look ok, but the Fuchs remind me of the plastic hub caps.

Having never ran any of these wheels i cant comment on the quality, however. I see many 2nd hand sets for sale that look terrible. It would brake my heart to spent a few hundren £ on wheels that will look shite in 18 months time.

As above & above that. They are cheap!

They look just totally wrong. they will ruin the look of your car. The flat 4's are much nicer.

American Eagle ones look ok, they are not obvious copies. They are getting hard to find now though...

Fuchs_15_flat1.JPG

These are a pair of my AE ones, flat 6" I have a pair of deep 6"s for the rear.

thanks for the honest replies guys. guess i need to have a closer look at them. anybody on here got them fitted that could post a pic ? price for flat 4 's is a bit too much for me at the momment, so they are out of the equation.

Atleast when they make 'em like powder coating first, and then turn the spokes 'clean', they look like shit. Just like old AE wide five replicas. I wonder why they even bother, if they're not committed to make a decent copy.

Pic from MWS home page:

FUCH.jpg

-tipi- said:
Atleast when they make 'em like powder coating first, and then turn the spokes 'clean', they look like shit. Just like old AE wide five replicas. I wonder why they even bother, if they're not committed to make a decent copy.

Pic from MWS home page:

FUCH.jpg

I think thats a different MWS, there is an english based MWS and a US based MWS AKAIK, two different companies?.

they do look shitty in that pic :?

the AE ones look more old skool

I don't think there is two MWS companies- CIP1 usually list the wheels as "European".

MWS Fuchs just don't look good, their BRMs have been around for ages and are fine, as are they EMPIs and from Johnny's pics, the Sprints look pretty good too.

Maybe they can't legally make a good copy? I often wondered why Flat4 stopped producing the black and polished Fuchs replicas... anyone know?

i see,

...then it bugs the shit out of me why we have to pay 2X the price for european wheels and can get them cheaper ordering from the canada and they travel twice the distance! :shock:

i've got mws fuchs on my late bay, 4.5x15 & 5.5x15, i had to roll the rear arches even on my syncro styled ride height :shock: , the quality is alright but i don't think the laquer will last that long, i fitted them last march (they did put up with the 9" of slurry at glastonbury :lol: )
as the old saying goes 'you pay for what you get

Latest posts