My 1969 restoration called herman

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper1980

Reaction score
Hi everyone i've been on here for a while now and thought it was time to share my resto with all the nice people on here.

Where do I start ah, I brought my 69 bus 4 years ago from Kent it was located in a barn and had been resting there since 1992, unfortunately I don't have any of the first photos to put up as I've had a new phone since then and lost them. It's a 1969 campervan with full length elevating room I don't no if this is rare or not bit only ever seen one on a late bay, or is it just me?

That's great thank u it's backing up now, might take a while tho with 800 photos.

2d9fc38560e8643e5a2388c136932b76.jpg

This is the oldest photo i've got im afraid, I stripped it and cut the front panel off as it was beyond repair due to someone running into a lamp post I think.
I've already changed the lower inner front panel and gave the whole front end with a coat of zinc spray.

The shape of the cab floor didn't really fit the shape of the new archies due to a few plates been welded to the floor before.

You will have to bare with me a bit tho as I'm quite far on with the resto so I'm trying to show you as far back as I can, i'm not used to all this typing.

There is a few things I wish I would of done differently now when I look back at these photos like I wish I would of put the two plates in rather than on around the two heater tubes, it looks abit messy . not that your ever going to see them tho ah, but I will no they are there.

Latest posts