My 1969 restoration called herman

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67e30de9668f4dace648edf6b21cea4a.jpg

After cutting the centre plinth out the front panel and smoothing it to convert it to an early front panel I thort I had better give it a test fit.

As everything seemed to line up ok it was time to cut the lower panel ready to weld it together.

I put the old doors on to test fit some truck mirrors to see what they look like, i'm still unsure weather to use them or not what does everyone think to them???

The new archies are pushed up into place with abit of tweaking well quite alot of tweaking.

harper1980 said:
I put the old doors on to test fit some truck mirrors to see what they look like, i'm still unsure weather to use them or not what does everyone think to them???

Looks like you've nailed the photo adding!
Personally I think truck mirrors look ok on really ratty rides, but they look best on trucks. What are your plans for the rest of it?

Haha do u think im putting to many up? I'm trying to catch the photos up to where I am now on the van, I was goin to do it tatty but had to replace to much of the van to keep the look so I'm just gona do it as a clean looking van now, I was unsure about keeping the mirrors because I gave good money for them.

I had to cut out more of unwanted welded plates from the previous owner on the b post aswel.

harper1980 said:
Haha do u think im putting to many up? I'm trying to catch the photos up to where I am now on the van, I was goin to do it tatty but had to replace to much of the van to keep the look so I'm just gona do it as a clean looking van now, I was unsure about keeping the mirrors because I gave good money for them.

No such thing as too many photos, keep em coming.
Don't worry too much about what people think, if you fancy truck mirrors, alloys, lairy paint, whatever, go for it, it's something you're building for yourself, make sure it's what you want. It would be pretty boring if they all looked the same....

You've got a point there mate can't have them all looking the same can we, saying that I think im going for savanna beige with brms but my mind changes every week, still short of a front beam as mine is rotten but project 69 said he can sort me one out for the end of the month which is a big help so much thanks to him.

I started to play with the floor to fit the arch abit better and it suddenly turned into the flintstones van :cry:

Latest posts