My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally made it home sweet home!!!

3e3yse8y.jpg

And it fits in the garage!!!

Thanks guys really am really really happy, should definitely remember this date now!! not because it's our anniversary 6 years today got down on one knee. Still living in sin!!!!! Drinking wine celebrating Billy-bobs return!!!!

Made some room in the garage today by fitting the wheels, needs to go lower me thinks & narrower. Thanks to Andewilson for wheels..

remedy3a.jpg

Need some of your thoughts guys and opinions as I can't make a decision. Here's my dilemma

Bumpers - I got original bumpers with splash pans & over-riders in primer with all rubbers stainless bolts etc....

The options

Make good and paint to match roof....
Make good and chrome the lot (this understandably is very expensive)
Sell and purchase polished stainless bumpers (expensive also from Harrington group £700 off set against money gained from sale)

I was going down the painted route until fitting the wheels today now I'm undecided again....don't even get me onto front beam etc.. That's another decision that's doing my nut in!!!!! Opinions greatly appreciated, even off the people who may want me to sell my overriders & splash pans... Ha ha

Thanks Ben

Bay-low71 said:
Had a real long day but well worth all the miles, to say thanks, as Nick went beyond his remit and I am literally blown away by the transformation.

He has made me a very happy ginger bloke!!! & for that to say thanks I enlisted the help of Dr Tricky for some pin-striping which I gave to Nick today....

qumyzaga.jpg

Pride of place hung above the office!!!

7any9egy.jpg

Now got some LED lighting which is bounced around off the high gloss floor... Happy happy happy!!!

ymu3upas.jpg

Can't wait to get him back now and start work!!

Ha im famous quite possibly my best interior to date gald you like as much as i do mate cya soon Nick

Ha ha ha....
To say I'm pleased is an understatement Nick, things have been very slow since coming home, busy with work and just life in general with Christmas and lack of funds, hoping to get some hours on the bus soon. Got my tickets for VoWo 2014 so we'll hook up then hopefully with the bus, speak soon. Ben

andewilson said:
loving the rimage.

a little peice of my heart is now on your bus :D

Really pleased with the Tele's Andy, just need to get it lower to terra firma now... Hope you had a good Christmas bud, happy new year to you & yours dude...

cheers dude. same back to you.

just been round to see my bus with a guy from earlybay as i shifted another set of rims. i may get back on my bus soon. a little bit more forum browsing is making me want my bus on the road. :D

a9u9y5y8.jpg

These are great! Nice retro look.

I'm looking for modern inertia seat belts for the front and for the 3/4 Westy seat. What exactly did you buy?

If you go onto the seat belt
Planet website take a look, really good choice of colours and different clasps. Here's a copy of my order e-mail...

Hi Steve

Thanks for your patience this is the order I require

4 inertia reels in black plastic 140" with standard loop.
2x 10" fixed metal push button for fronts
2 x 17" fixed metal push button for rears
All webbing in Camel #31 as per sample sent.
2 x floor mounting bolt kits for fronts.

I think that's the job lot Steve let me know the break down of cost and total price and I'll get some money winging its way over the Atlantic to you..!!
Kind Regards
Ben

Hi Ben,

Our plastic component covers for #31 Camel is Tan (not great match!) We do not offer a natural tan plastics.
Colors Plastics: Black Red, Maroon, Tan, Navy and Grey.
All metal push button buckle, 140" 10" fixed (floppy custom length Buckle) is $89.95 each.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Steve

Steve Pekrul, Senior Sales Manager
Tel Toll Free: (855) 736-0088
[email protected]

I put some more pics up when I unwrap in a bit,.. Ben

Cheers, I'm guessing it's easier to fit rear belts with a full width seat rather than stretch across to the 3/4 seat.

Who is going to fit them? Some photos of the installation would be helpful.

Latest posts