My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally made the decision on my front end - after months of changing my mind from Creative, T2d, my friend Pete @ Napstok Customs another new one on me is Dogback mentioned to me from Nick (Airteriors) & Rusty lee ....

Over all of this I've ordered a Red 9 wishbone front set up together with 130PCD 4 pot brake upgrade. Now is not the time for scrimping some May have different opinions on this but as we all say my bus my rules.....I've worked hard to fund this project right the way through. Really looking forward to it all finally coming together!!! Got lots of great work going on the forum and hope to meet some of you guys at some shows this year with my bus for change!!!

Nice choice and looking forward to your updates after it has been fitted :mrgreen:

Bay-low71 said:
Finally made the decision on my front end - after months of changing my mind from Creative, T2d, my friend Pete @ Napstok Customs another new one on me is Dogback mentioned to me from Nick (Airteriors) & Rusty lee ....

Over all of this I've ordered a Red 9 wishbone front set up together with 130PCD 4 pot brake upgrade. Now is not the time for scrimping some May have different opinions on this but as we all say my bus my rules.....I've worked hard to fund this project right the way through. Really looking forward to it all finally coming together!!! Got lots of great work going on the forum and hope to meet some of you guys at some shows this year with my bus for change!!!

Good choice bud...

Shorty said:
faux said:
Painted bumpers for sure, narrow and lower........ 8)

Looking ace!

Your bus, your rules... But I would kind of agree with Jon on this one...

I'm taking them next week for paint me thinks did enquire about wrapping to be a bit different but the surface needs to painted to wrap so maybe at a later date....

Will be at VoWo all weekend as they've accepted my bus for the show so will be heading down on the Friday now that's a deadline!!!! Found out yesterday, really pleased. Be good to meet some of you guys again!!

Bay-low71 said:
Shorty said:
faux said:
Painted bumpers for sure, narrow and lower........ 8)

Looking ace!

Your bus, your rules... But I would kind of agree with Jon on this one...

I'm taking them next week for paint me thinks did enquire about wrapping to be a bit different but the surface needs to painted to wrap so maybe at a later date....

Will be at VoWo all weekend as they've accepted my bus for the show so will be heading down on the Friday now that's a deadline!!!! Found out yesterday, really pleased. Be good to meet some of you guys again!!

Whoa Ben! That's awesome news! Congrats fella!

Thanks Carl all this work as paid off a few more hurdles but will be great to show it off before Finnian, Kirsty & Winston get some use out of it...!!!

Managed to get a seat belt fitted when Finn was in Nursery this morning for 2hrs, got a bit of an issue as the seat needs to be a little higher due to the bend in the fixed female buckle bit of a shame as everything is trimmed and glued but needs must.
They do fit nice here's a pic of reel fitted to tub...

pu9avede.jpg

It's a shame about the female bit which I'm fixing under one of the seat bolts, the bracket on the end of the webbing bends down and catches on my budding box...so thinking about it the drivers seat needs to come up as the passenger swivel will raise that up so need to square them up this will then solve the seat belt issue.

Red 9 full frontage and upgraded 4 pots due end of Feb can't wait for this, anyone fitted one on the drive before??? Find out whether my bumpers are suitable tonight 2... Need a bit of work just hope Whanty can work his magic on the bumpers, over-riders and splash pans!!!

This is gonna be so sweet, (already is) look forward to seeing it one day
8) :mrgreen:

Bumpers got the thumbs up for some paint same colour as the roof. Seems an age since I went down the GC Monkey yard last, need to get rid of my original doors and tailgate now as need some room, please see my ad as prices now adjusted before the go on Flee Bay!!!!

Had Mr Channing around yesterday he got loads done prepping for MOT... Horn of push button on dash due to Red 9 set-up. Breather kit fitted, not to rocker covers (YET). Sorted brake lights and tidied wiring all this while I sweated about taking a drill & Christmas tree cutter (awesome tool to have in your tool box) to the front panel for the aerial. My states plates turned up for show only of course ;-)

7umu3yga.jpg

And with Nicks help got bus up on ramps to mount thermostat and cooler ready to measure up for hoses.

y9y9uvep.jpg

Must crack on having a brew so thought I'd update!!!

Right had enough absolutely freezing nose is running like a race horse not that it's stopped in the last 10 days...
Thermostat mounted

dese6y6y.jpg

Inner bracket cut, drilled & mounted for Derale fan assisted oil cooler, need more bracketry, to mount opposing side which I'll get some Ali strips for held with cable tie to enable me to measure up hoses.

yvupa7us.jpg

atejasuj.jpg

azy2upun.jpg

Tilted slightly to get some air from under the bus.

Also had a helper all afternoon..

ede5e5ez.jpg

Got the twin mount aerial fitted 2..

hyvuvyge.jpg

Good progress, 1 happy chappy!!

That cooler looks good in that position mate.That will look after that engine when your doing 80mph on the way to Volksworld show!
Let me know when you want a hand again butt.

Creative adjustable spring plates are here, finished mounting breather with captive nuts now bolted to tinware. Some pictures are a bit blurred as it got a bit dark!!

enaja9ag.jpg

Close up

5ybemymy.jpg

Made Ali bracket up for remote oil cooler

7yma5u7u.jpg

Finished mounting

uguve5eq.jpg

Different angle

5udesere.jpg

Further jobs, do away with temp remote oil filter using hoses with jubilee clips and hose fittings. Need to remove moustache bar to fit 45 degree fitting in oil pump and correct return fitting into the case ready for made to measure hoses to be measured up & fitted.

Slowly crossing off things on this to do list!!

A cheeky hour in the garage cut some bigger holes in the dash for happy new switches, makes the originals look like they need updating 2. That can go on the bottom of the long list.

Here's the switches I went for!!

Horn push required due to red 9 set up

ny6y9u8u.jpg

Washer pump button.

8aze7y3u.jpg

Latest posts