My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since updating and very little has happened really due to illness. I have had enough of 2014 already mainly due to the fact I haven't been feeling the best. :(
Really looking forward to this years show season and getting my health back in check.
Work are always good when it comes to sickness etc...even so I hate being off work and being ill for that matter. I'm sure my missus would have me put down if I was a dog!!!
I'm of the opposing opinion of Mr Richard Ashcroft of The Verve - I want the drugs to work pretty please (medical 1's that is :msn4: )
Enlisted some help from the usual suspects GC Monkeys Nick (Alpsbay) & Andrew for Red 9 fitting etc in early march, lots of other stuff to sort prior to VoWo 2014. Including MOT, get the majority of running in and shake down done and rectifying all issues highlighted from this not many hopefully. Feels like mission impossible at the moment!!! :shock:
The firm my dad works for will be making up the hoses for oil plumbing, didn't know the had a mobile hydraulic branch so happy with that need to get better now.
That's all from me. Ben

Bay-low71 said:
It's been a while since updating and very little has happened really due to illness. I have had enough of 2014 already mainly due to the fact I haven't been feeling the best. :(
Really looking forward to this years show season and getting my health back in check.
Work are always good when it comes to sickness etc...even so I hate being off work and being ill for that matter. I'm sure my missus would have me put down if I was a dog!!!
I'm of the opposing opinion of Mr Richard Ashcroft of The Verve - I want the drugs to work pretty please (medical 1's that is :msn4: )
Enlisted some help from the usual suspects GC Monkeys Nick (Alpsbay) & Andrew for Red 9 fitting etc in early march, lots of other stuff to sort prior to VoWo 2014. Including MOT, get the majority of running in and shake down done and rectifying all issues highlighted from this not many hopefully. Feels like mission impossible at the moment!!! :shock:
The firm my dad works for will be making up the hoses for oil plumbing, didn't know the had a mobile hydraulic branch so happy with that need to get better now.
That's all from me. Ben

Hope you feel better soon bro, the bus is looking awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Hope you feel better soon bro, the bus is looking awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks buddy, can't wait to get back to work but I gotta be right before I return!!! Slow & steady!!!!

mike202 said:
I love this bus, beautiful colour and fantastic interior. That floor deserves a 'please take your shoes off' sign :lol:

Gonna be fantastic when its done. 8)

:lol:

that sign will be ignored along with the 'no kids or dogs allowed' !!!

Thanks for your comments Mike, work has been done by others 2, they know who they are!! I can proudly say I built the motor, I hope it lasts and is a reliable one!! hoping for on the road mid March. :shock:

Ben

Got me happy new stickers fitted today thanks to http://www.ubercoolgraphics.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8yzy9u7y.jpg

6ysevutu.jpg

Changed the filter over from old housing primed and started bus turned around then run out of juice.

Just see the filter bottom left, bolted under battery tray.

qe5etazy.jpg

Can't wait to get some bumpers fitted really transform the bus.

ynumu4ym.jpg

More dash bits sorted

yjapy3et.jpg

uby5esat.jpg

4y6ave2y.jpg

Roll week commencing 24th Red 9 Beam & brakes to say hello 2.

Very nice work, top spec bus, it will not only look fantastic, but ride superbly as well. Very very nice. :D

LV

Nice one with all the work so far and the new Red9 front suspension purchase 8)

Looking forward to the updates on this thread :mrgreen:

Just read this all from start to finish. Absolutely fantastic work. This bus is one of the best Ive seen. I really take my hat off to you mate.

AGC said:
Just read this all from start to finish. Absolutely fantastic work. This bus is one of the best Ive seen. I really take my hat off to you mate.

WOW !!! that must of taken you sometime !!! :lol:

Comments are much appreciated though thank you.

Its been an incredible journey but still lots to do, got the GC Monkeys picking him up for RED 9 fitting early 2mo morning. Can't wait !! excited.com :D

Will keep the updates coming !!

Looking forward to the next instalment!.... Hope you get some good shots of the Red 9 fitting. My bus looks like yours did when you first got it from K&K ('71 Niagara Blue Deluxe) :) ...... don't think it will ever look like yours does now :( ...... once again, great work. Respect, Andy

Here's the progress from today...

Old beam out, ready for fit

LH side

yja2ugyt.jpg

5yju5ehy.jpg

Both sides in...

tu5y7any.jpg

My work bench!!

usu3ehys.jpg

Discs on

8yna8u3u.jpg

aje8ada6.jpg

Callipers on

y2u8emu6.jpg

New design steering box sits out of the way!

azyzama7.jpg

This is dropped 5" setting 3 of 4 (4 being the lowest). Stance looks great.

hesydevy.jpg

Photo doesn't do it justice

u7u5yhaj.jpg

Enough for now will update further 2mo, got a query in technical on brakes if you can help!!

Big thanks to the usual suspects... Ben

While I was prepping and spraying the seat base.

2u4apu6u.jpg

Nick cracked on with plumbing in master cylinder, wired in the remote cooler fan, lined up the tracking, and lots of other things. Thanks again buddy, missed church again!! ;-)

Got a pic outside the stance is great, slight difference side to side due interior weight, this will be rectified once adjustable spring plates are fitted.

uraruhy8.jpg

aqysyry7.jpg

Sorted the brake pedal to master cylinder pushrod thanks to a heads up from Nick @ Airteriors & Rusty Lee the provider.

umagejaz.jpg

This one is really coming together very nice. Are you nearly there or still planning on making lots of changes?
I think it's enough for now. Everytime you update you make my van look worse and worse.

Resto-raider said:
This one is really coming together very nice. Are you nearly there or still planning on making lots of changes?
I think it's enough for now. Everytime you update you make my van look worse and worse.

Nearly there now!!! Bumpers to prep, paint and fit. Finish engine bay, fit swivel base, seat and belt. MOT then it'll be getting some miles on the clock proof to the VoWo show. Leisure electrics and heating but after!!

Aesthetically, stance all good!!!

Steering is superb one headed static lock to lock the joys of rack and pinion steering ;)

Latest posts