My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bit of time today to get some bits on, still got the engine brace, remaining tinware, clutch, exhaust and other bits and pieces but looking like a motor now.

ysy8ezy2.jpg

Really pleased with the motor, got a few things to sort but dropping it off the stand tonight to fit clutch the down to the bus for bench run and fit gearbox and motor sometime soon with the help of Nick & Andrew.

epame6eh.jpg

That's it from me for now. Ben

Thanks mate, fitting gearbox and engine week today. Bench run up this Tuesday, dash board is looking nice, no pics yet. But need to get cracking on now.... You got a date in mind for its arrival @ yours dude?

No worries, I'll sort that tonight. Thanks mate, can't wait to see the finished article. See you later. Ben

abusutyq.jpg

Don't suit the boot of an Audi, busy times are coming. ;-)

Big thank you to Nick Channing for covering the dash top job mate.... Look a bit different once Bromsgrove trim the padded centre piece and grab handle above glove box. Might do something different with the clock unit.

e8e7e7ab.jpg

3yqe9uqu.jpg

Thanks again, Ben

Bay-low71 said:
Big thank you to Nick Channing for covering the dash top job mate.... Look a bit different once Bromsgrove trim the padded centre piece and grab handle above glove box. Might do something different with the clock unit.

e8e7e7ab.jpg

3yqe9uqu.jpg

Thanks again, Ben

That's ok mate anytime, looking very nice, now we need to get the rest of van done lol! :party0049:

Busy day today, getting engine set up for first run up & Cam burn... Was I nervous????

Hell yes!!

While I done this, Nick ploughed on with dash in, handbrake back on, switches, no pics of that unfortunately.

Here's the motor.

y5a4y8a9.jpg

Just before start up, fitted clear reinforced hose from pump to filter and back to check oil flow physically.... Few issues 1 duff (new) spark plug, one push rod tube leak, but all in all very pleased and relieved its started. Will fit in van Monday or Tuesday need new starter & spark plugs which are now ordered on special offer via Machine 7.

Once it was done I could of cried it has been a stressful journey but a massive load off now time for a drink. Thanks again to GC Monkeys (Nick & Andrew)

Great looking build. That cam burn is a nail biter, but great when if fires and runs :mrgreen:

Looking forward to see it fitted. :)

Cali_bay said:
Great looking build. That cam burn is a nail biter, but great when if fires and runs :mrgreen:

Looking forward to see it fitted. :)

Should be fitted 2mo evening, this evening we fitted gearbox, built up one cab door, pressure is on now leaving for Airteriors just over a weeks time...

7e2e8y5y.jpg

razygupe.jpg

With a lot to do. But I've been having the use of Andrews yard his help and Alpsbay (Nick) both worth their weight in gold.
I prepped and sprayed all seat runners in the sunshine...

yza3yte3.jpg

gninnam said:
Engine looks sweet and glad it works 8)

Thanks gninnam, busy times!!!

Not a good night tonight....still couldn't get the motor running right as much as we tried, started of electric side of things all things eliminated the moved on to fuel.... Turns out I have a manufacturing fault with one of my carbs where the inlet to the pump flow path hasn't been drilled deep enough to meet the inlet hole drilled in the bottom of the bowl... Diaphragm was bone dry, gutted thought I'd try my luck and phone CB performance where I purchased from around 3 years ago I thought only to be told it was 2008.. So no luck euro carb it is will get on the phone 2mo..1 evening lost. At least we found the fault.

Gutted for you :(
Like you say, at least you know where the issue lies.

This is the bits in question

e4y7atad.jpg

The pump inlet is a non return allowing the pump to suck from the bowl of the carb, on removal there is no hole to connect the bowl to the pump diaphragm.
This is drilled then plugged shown in photo below with shiney plug in below pump.

py6utuja.jpg

Maybe someone unlike a heavy handed numpty like me could remove redrill then replug will find out soon enough. :-/

Yeah she's been run up Cam burn is done, didn't like that. This is a short video this was after the Cam burn, its running a lot better now after sorting the carb out.

I do have another video to upload because it sounds completely different due to reset valve clearances to 0.006" & blew out idle jets which settled the motor must of been a bit of s"$te in them. I'll put the new one up soon here's the lumpy one!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQ7WdaDnvo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben

Latest posts