My 1971 lowlight Danbury - The resto goes on!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice to see people fabricating their own metal as well, keep the pictures coming 8)

Cheers guys!
Fortunately, the chassis and cargo floors need nothing doin to them apart from cleaning and paintin'. So ive got a bit of a head start with the resto!
Now just debatin weather or not to have deluxe trim...Thats probably the least of my worries right now! :D

Bit more work done on the bus in the last coupla days!
:lo

]
The drivers arch repair...
[
This is all the welding the cab floor needed, no need to replace the whole section1 :eek:

Only 1 rear corner needed replacement!Phew!

Mini repair near the tailgate..
Now i'm really pleased with how she's lookin!It's finally Gettin there! More pics soon... :lol:

Bit more progress in the last couple of days!
1 front arch welded on! :lol:

Investagation severity of rear arch damage.I may consider total side replacement! :?
[

Little more peogress this week!
:lol:
Front arches both on and all repairs around them done.
Started to give the van it's 1st coat of filler.Shouldn't need too mech tho with the new complete panels!
12122007331.jpg

02012008340.jpg

02012008339.jpg

02012008341.jpg

]
Body work on n/s gettin there!

Gettin somewhere with the bodywork!

Trying to get the sides as straight as possible! Without using lots of tubs of filler!

It's all comin together nicely!
More updates soon! :p

Cheers mate! Will keep 'em comin! Cant wait to debut it at a show! Prob gonna be Stanford hall or the one after! :D
Need to strip the inside ready for sanding...
nearlydone005.jpg

Plenty of work done over the last couple of weeks, body lookin straight and all welding 97% done! I can see the light now!
:p
[Nearly there with the main bodywork...
[New side lookin nice and straight!

n/s quarter/arch all done and straightened...

Luckily, sliding door was completely rust free, as were the cab doors! 8)

Rust free cali engine lid almost ready for priming...

... almost ready for primer... Gotta chose a colour soon!!! :wink:

Bit more done in the last few days, repairs covered with 2k primer, starting to get the last imperfections out before primer. very exciting! 8)
[Not far off at all now!

]
Rear quarter panel nearly there!

...and the rest of it!
Headliner taken out and all inside metal is being sanded ready for paint.Still have to weld in replacement bulkhead sections but should get done in the next week. They're still on the donor van!

More pics next week! :D

At last!! We've chosen the new colour.Couldn't get any shots of a van but here's a bug in the chosen colour. L381 Prarie beige. Just the roof and pop top will be painted pearl white... :lol:
prarie.jpg

Bit more done saturday and today...

Whole interior being taken back to bare metal!

[Van getting very near to the primer stage!
[

Latest posts