My 1971 lowlight Danbury - The resto goes on!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really comin on now. Then the paint stage is in sight! The bus will be back on the road for the 1st week in March with a bit off luck, there's a lot of fiddley bits to do between now and then! 8)

]
gettin ever so close now, but it must be as good as possible so no rush!

[
Her 1st coat of 2k primer...
Just a little more to do on the body.

[l: More pics soon...

:shock: WOW - Top marks on the progress and nice choice of colour!

R's

Wow - a lot of work you have done there and its really coming together well. Looking foreward to seeing it painted. What are your plans for the interior?

The interior will have a brand wood new headliner identical to a westy.
Interior is gonna professionally custom made in beech.It will feature 2 buddy seats with coolbox storage, topbox, full length r + r bed, table as the van will be used mostly as day van.No electronic gadjets(apart from a nice sound system) as i like things simple A cooker and sink may be included tho!
Front seats are leather, not sure bout colour yet.Gotta replace all glass including windscreen as some muppet has used a sander on the van without takin the windows out and there all scratched up!
All new foam and a total retrim will finish, along with a propex heat source.
I really can't wait! This is the same guys work!
interior.jpg

int2.jpg

int67.jpg

hey mate, some real gd progress there. i'm just fitting my floor and passenger inner wheels arch. could you possibly post of e-mail me some detailed photos of how you fitted your new cab floor? if you have any that is :)

keep it up, and i'll be shadowing your progress :)

NaFe

Hi mate.cheers 4 your comments.Your bus is certainly comin along too! Sorry but i ended up not replacing the whole floor as it was mainly bad paint hiding a generally good floor.It needed just a 6'' square plate. There must be a thread on ere tho with this job covered?

Little closer now. Van has been put on its side, heating system taken out for rebuild and renewal, and belly pans taken off for inspection underneath.
Underneath is amazing for a uk van, very minimal work needed!
Check this out for a uk bus! Original outriggers and floors with just minimal surface rust!
[]
Other side just as good but has been undersealed at some point.
[Bit of wire brushing and we're there!

Van been on it's side with the aid of the roller!

[
Won't look like this for too much longer now!
In paint soon!!!
:lol:

baybus70 said:
The interior will have a brand wood new headliner identical to a westy.
Interior is gonna professionally custom made in beech.It will feature 2 buddy seats with coolbox storage, topbox, full length r + r bed, table as the van will be used mostly as day van.No electronic gadjets(apart from a nice sound system) as i like things simple A cooker and sink may be included tho!
Front seats are leather, not sure bout colour yet.Gotta replace all glass including windscreen as some muppet has used a sander on the van without takin the windows out and there all scratched up!
All new foam and a total retrim will finish, along with a propex heat source.
I really can't wait! This is the same guys work!
interior.jpg

int2.jpg

int67.jpg
Is this from a guy that advertises on Ebay?

Is this from a guy that advertises on Ebay?[/quote]

Yes thats right.His names fred and he's at the top of his game! Very talented joiner! Not that cheap but you certainly gets what you pay for!

Getting painted this month!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Looking very nice, you are going to have a very straight and solid van there :wink: Keep up the good work! What colour she going to be?

Thanks mate! she's goin L381 prarie beige.Check out page 3 of my thread!
It's a 50's beetle colour but will look great on a bay!

I'd like the interior red but can't picture it against beige.Has anyone any thoughts on this. cheers! :lol:

Sorry no updates for a while but i decided to spend some of the cash i had for a respray on deluxe rubbers, new headlights and pretty much everything else has been bought that aint up to scratch. Hence the progress has been slower than expected coz i had to save a little more! Now ready for paint next week! Watch this space! :lol:

Latest posts