My 1971 lowlight Danbury - The resto goes on!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
Few update pics, still a few hours to go, but getting there! 8)

Looking almost ready for the road!

[A less grainy shot of the half finished interior!

Porsche seat number one fitted! :lol:

Got this last week for a bit of a finishing touch!
It's just expired! :lol:

squige7thjuly2008.jpg

Just the finishing bits to do now! Needs to be done today coz it's booked in for it's MOT tommorow! Fingers crossed! :?

Just been busy reading your thread, excellent job 8)
The stickers are a must i'd say!

Thank-you all! will let you know if it passed! it's been a long hard slog and im used to the van just being a project rather than an actual vehicle! It's not gonna feel right actually driving it! 8)

Just read through the whole thread excellent work, well done.
Did it pass the MOT ok ?

Cheers nick!
We had major problems with the electrics on Friday!
Can't understand why but these buses don't like being laid up.
Hopefully all fixed now so going for it's 2nd attempt on monday! I'll let y'all know! 8)

excellent thread - very encouraging! I noticed on one of the picks where you've welded the panels along the front seem to the existing panel.How do you get the look of the original lines down the body (where the panels meet) when you've joined/added a new panel?
Cheers - Rob
p.s. I also think the stickers finish it off well

Cheers Rob!
Not sure bout the lines as i didn't do the filling on the van, but i'm sure everone has their own way!

Passed the MOT just fine! Not much more to do really!
To celebrate i had the bulkhead trims redone in vinyl and a nice set of square bolsters in velour made for the rear seat.mmm Comfy! :lol:
Also bought a loverly new repro steering wheel from J.K. Very happy with the quality!

The bulkhead trims...
squige3rdseptember2008001.jpg

squige3rdseptember2008002.jpg

Square bolsters...
squige3rdseptember2008003.jpg

New steering wheel...
squige30thaugust2008001.jpg

Just these bits, the door cards, jailbars, new cab mat and a couple of other small things to go on now! Shouldn't take too long! :lol:

[

Should look even nicer fitted!

Here's the 1st proper pic of the rear of the van.
It's ended up exactly how i want it.

Only thing i'm not 100% happy with is the fit of the Just Kampers sliding door track covers!For about £60.00 they're a bit poo really! Will probably buy some S/H one's to replace em!

It's not a show van,just a clean daily! Certainly not perfect in any way, but a huge improvement over what i started with!Taken 12 months and i don't wanna know how much cash!
Total cost of £500 as far as my girlfriend is concerned! :wink: :lol:

Oh you guys! :wink: :lol:

Tried doing a few things today but the rain is stopping me! :x Poorin down in Southport!
Forcast shitty weather for days so won't be doing the final bits any time soon!
here's a pic of her today,in the rain!

Well she's 97 % finished, just a few finishing touches like the sound system, bambus parcel shelf, Deluxe trim etc to fit.
Not decided yet on lowering, can't make up my mind!
here's a few pics of her as the bus stands now!

Latest posts