My 1971 lowlight Danbury - The resto goes on!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good there doood, carry on the good work 8)

Got some pics of the bus with all her coats on today (applied yesterday!)
Photo's show the bus with a few bits flatted off before polishing so these bits will be shinier . i.e lower front panel and rear quarters still need polishing. 8)

all 6 coats on. :lol: Bottom bit still needs polishing to a mirror finish!

Same story this side, i can't wait to put all those new bits on!

Inside is crying out for a refit! Don't worry, it's coming!

Again, nice and straight down the sides, rear 1/4 in the process of being wet flated and then highly polished here.

Just waiting for white on top and bumpers etc now!
8)

You know you've gone too far when you buy one of these! :?

VANPAINTED-1.jpg

you can really see the colour much better in those pics now. looks really straight! where did you get the sticker sheet?

Johnny said:
you can really see the colour much better in those pics now. looks really straight! where did you get the sticker sheet?

Cheers Johnny, i'm very pleased with it! considering how much works been done!

Sticker sheet is from vw heritage. £13.95 inc postage. I think it will just finish the resto off nicely! :D

HI LIKE THE RESTO. I AM IN PROCESS OF SIMILAR WITH A 1971 DANBURY CONVERSION.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT CHROME FRONT GRILL FROM AND HOW MUCH AS IT LOOKS GREAT.THANKS

GREG

gregphoebe said:
HI LIKE THE RESTO. I AM IN PROCESS OF SIMILAR WITH A 1971 DANBURY CONVERSION.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT CHROME FRONT GRILL FROM AND HOW MUCH AS IT LOOKS GREAT.THANKS

GREG

Cheers Greg, good luck with your van!

Go to http://www.chillgrills.co.uk and i think it was £35 about 2 years ago. They have lots of different styles tho! 8)

Bit more polishing done, really starting to shine!
[20dubs/VANPAINTED10thmay2008009.jpg[/img]

The donor van.This late bay helped another bay to live after it's death!(bulkheads only!
handles003.jpg

handles001.jpg

Cheers Pinhead your looks as tho it's comin along too! Ready for vanfest do you think!?

The roofs gonna get done in the next coupla days along with the bumpers etc. Then new lights all round, new deluxe seals, new interior etc and one of Mikes chrome front badges will go on. Strange to see how she looked before now! :)
[
Before... Avec kippered panels and hidden rust all round!
[After, well nearly!

WOW!! Thats amazing i'm loving the delux window rubber in the front screen. it has a real subtle touch to the finished exterior and will be capped off once the bumbers are back on. thats some serious good work all round mate. if my resto finishes anywhere ner that good i'd be so proud of my work.

HATS OFF!!!

i look forward to the updates of the interior

Thank you mate!Still a bit to go yet! Was gonna go with deluxe beltline trim but it seemed like overkill!
Interior is getting started any day now will keep you updated. Don't forget those rough dormy sketches! 8)

baybus70 said:
Thank you mate!Still a bit to go yet! Was gonna go with deluxe beltline trim but it seemed like overkill!
Interior is getting started any day now will keep you updated. Don't forget those rough dormy sketches! 8)

i'm not sure i agree with you about the overkill. i think possibly with such a light body colour. i was think about having the belt trim as it would help split the dark blue i was intending of having up the the roof (same as you)

i've sketched the interior a bit, just putting some patterns together for the door cards and upholstery. then i'll get them scanned in and get them off to you. trouble is, outside of work i'm always down the van. i got the top half of the fuel tank sanded and primered last night :)

looks good! i agree the deluxe trim looks good splitting a dark colour with the contrast of the white top. I hopefully have some on its way over from dannyz in the US.

Latest posts