My 1971 lowlight Danbury - The resto goes on!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not sure i agree with you about the overkill. i think possibly with such a light body colour. i was think about having the belt trim as it would help split the dark blue i was intending of having up the the roof (same as you)[/quote

Don't get me wrong, i love deluxe beltline trim and have almost ordered a set on a couple of occasions for this van, i suppose other things have also played a factor like drilling many holes in the swage and the £230 cost of a set from VW Heritage! I'm sure someone on here said they stuck it on with double sided tape. If that is a reliable way of securing it then i may reconsider. If that was your van, has it still stayed on!?

dannyz on here sells OG trim complete and posted for £100 ish. He also has the dents knocked out and it polished professionaly before sending it. Im waiting on mine at the moment.

Thanks surfbus, more pics soon. I'd like to think i'm flattering people who have painted their vans in this colour previously, rather than me having a lack of imagination! Anyway, i'm not into leary neon colours or peppermint green, we had the 90's now they're gone! Bays look well in an original shade. -But that's just my opinion! :lol:

baybus70 said:
Thanks surfbus, more pics soon. I'd like to think i'm flattering people who have painted their vans in this colour previously, rather than me having a lack of imagination! Anyway, i'm not into leary neon colours or peppermint green, we had the 90's now they're gone! Bays look well in an original shade. -But that's just my opinion! :lol:

Yep, i prefer the original colors too! I don't like the neon colors either... :?

Been a bit slow lately, but we have trial fitted the brand new rock and roll full width bed and buddy seat. Overhead locker is fully fitted! Now got nice new black door cards all round so will be fitting these very soon! Before that will be thermowrapping the interior.

The new bed!
[Buddy seat with storage
[

Overhead locker fitted.

baybus70 said:
Sticker sheet is from vw heritage. £13.95 inc postage. I think it will just finish the resto off nicely! :D

I'm trying to track down that sticker sheet and can't find it. Have you got a link? Thanks. And the resto is looking great. You must be hanging to drive it.

Dave.

71Dormobile said:
Interior looks good, is it home made??

Made by Fred from sjs campers, southport.He's a a profesional vw interior maker - http://www.sjs-vwcampers.co.uk/

simple but perfectly formed!

Bit more done today! Some trim fitted and built up most of the dash. Managed to take a chunk out of my hand trna fit new heater levers! GRRRR!
[Interior is very nearly done now. Porsche seats have been sent to the trimmer, as have rear cushions. Just the pop top headliner to do really and fit the rubber wraparound seat mats.
the job list seems neverending still tho!

Front headlining now installed, it's really coming together now! front seats and rear boards/cushions have been sent to have the trimming done!

]

hey mate, looks like some real good progress there!! in that last picture you've got that trim between the sides an the roof, think i'm going to be looking at inlaying some nice LED lighting for evenings.

Looks like you're well on the way and it will look alot more complete when you get things like the seats back from the upholsterer

NaFe

Been a bit slow of late, i've been unwell for the last month so E.B has kinda taken a back seat.
Almost recovered now so it's picking up where i left off! :lol:

Porsche Seats now fully retrimed!!
Headlining redone in pop-top,although hard to appretiate from this phone shot!
[.j
Interior coming along now!

Latest posts