my 68' bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well. i had loads of good intentions and a list as long as my arm of jobs i wanted to do today but as usual a laod of other things crept up, mot my works van, change the pads on my family car, and a pile of quotes to do and send out so bummer, but all was not lost as id had a few hours in the week and heres a few photos of my progress and another one from last sundays run :D

bugrun082.jpg

april2012008.jpg

managed to finish the floor tiles and i like lots lol

april2012007.jpg

then i set about assembling the volksware bed (only had it since september lol)

april2012009.jpg

april2012010.jpg

not too bad, but the instructions couldve been a bit clearer

april2012011.jpg

april2012013.jpg

april2012014.jpg

hopefully get it fully bolted in this week then off to the upholsterer over easter

shaun

myvanway 69 said:
Great work. :D

Cheers :D

Just a little update, not had much time this week to do much (damn work lol)

Pulled out the front/walk through mats :mrgreen: :mrgreen: can't beat a bit of nice og paint :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bugrun001.jpg

bugrun002.jpg

Neptune blue :D

BBB003.jpg

Got all my door cards out and gave them a good scrub

BBB004.jpg

Haven't fixed them in just yet ordered some panel clips and cups off fleabay :D

BBB008.jpg

Did have chance to make up and fit my new table, used a table kit and a saltrock skim board :)

BBB009.jpg

Will be taking it up to the upholsterer this week , but got a few other jobs to in the meantime changing tailgate seal and looking at a new stereo :D

been a slow month so far on my bus :( not really done much :( (no garage, and it raining every time i attempt something :lol: )
finally got round to fitting my empi shifter, not the quickest of things but worth the couple of hours it took to keep adjusting it then taking it around the block, until i got the gear shifts perfect, and now its like driving a different bus :D :D

cbeebies_054.jpg

cbeebies_055.jpg

also had chance to fit the new engine support bar i picked up at dubfreeze
stripped it to bare zinc primer then black top coat :)

photo28.jpg

and finally took it to the upholsterers and the rear seats will be ready next week so i can get the rear done :lol: :lol:

shaun

now that the rain has subsided for a few days i thought id better get that tailgate seal changed

may_2012009.jpg

no wondered it started to leak in the rain weve had :lol:

may_2012006.jpg

may_2012011.jpg

thats better

may_2012012.jpg

may_2012013.jpg

been to the upholsterers a few times for templates, measuring etc and will be picking up the cushions finally next weekend :D

well with the let up in the weather i was able to get a good few hours in this week, happy days :D

after replacing the rear hatch seal and now happy thers no little leaks i set about waxoyling all my internal panels

5 litres really doesnt go far does it :shock:

may_12_2012005.jpg

may_12_2012006.jpg

may_12_2012008.jpg

may_12_2012009.jpg

may_12_2012010.jpg

may_12_2012012.jpg

then after it had dryed a little bit set out to re fit all the internal panels with my bro in law :D

may_12_2012032.jpg

may_12_2012031.jpg

may_12_2012030.jpg

may_12_2012029.jpg

so im well happy now just got to wait til mid next week for the upholsterer to finish my rear cushions and i can finally take the kids and missus out in it :D

my bro in law came to give me a hand and seeing as it was dry he brought his bug with him for a run :D

may_12_2012015.jpg

may_12_2012018.jpg

may_12_2012019.jpg

may_12_2012022.jpg

may_12_2012023.jpg

may_12_2012026.jpg

may_12_2012025.jpg

so all in all a good saturday,

shaun

Nice bus. Glad I read this though. didn't realise i had to cut a hole in the floor to put a table leg in. Best do that before I lay the floor! :oops:

Adam Foster said:
Nice bus. Glad I read this though. didn't realise i had to cut a hole in the floor to put a table leg in. Best do that before I lay the floor! :oops:

After finding that the hole and water had got ini thought it a good job to weld a well in and seal it to stop the water :D
But be careful you have to do it off centre on the floor, cos of the heat tube running under the floor in the centre :D :D

finally fetched my rear seat cushions today from the upholsterers, yay, but got to go back next week to collect the rear engine shelf one as he wasnt happy with it :(

but the ones ive got are brill :D

also got the 3 point seat belts fitted too and when not in use they tuck back so you cant see them at all so happy :D

may18015.jpg

may18013.jpg

may18014.jpg

may18012.jpg

and when i untuck the belts from the side :D

may18019.jpg

shaun

Very nice work fella. Colours look great together. Not too sure about the Simpsons touch but it all seems to come together nicely. I kind of liked it with the ply wood panel breaking up the floor and seat. Keep grooming the old girl. :D

aspro said:
Very nice work fella. Colours look great together. Not too sure about the Simpsons touch but it all seems to come together nicely. I kind of liked it with the ply wood panel breaking up the floor and seat. Keep grooming the old girl. :D

Cheers Guys :D I just kept looking at the panel thinking what I could do with it, was going to varnish it, vinyl wrap it etc
But always wanted a comic book wrap :lol: :lol: but I thought as its only a ply panel, and if it doesn't grow on me I can always make a new one varnish it and pop it in :D

Could even swap them, dependant on my mood :lol: :lol: :lol: (start a new trend swappable panels hmmmm)
Shaun

had a few things go my way this week :D

fetched my final cushion from the upholsterers :D

may27015.jpg

may27013.jpg

finishes the back off nicely :D

also redid my front kick boards covered them and fitted my speakers

may27007.jpg

may27008.jpg

may27009.jpg

may27010.jpg

fitted my rear 6x9's too