my 68' bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is a happy bunny today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Got my garage planning passed :mrgreen:

a9da60bf.jpg

06aa6722.jpg

A couple of screen shots of my plans

So hopefully Tilly hasn't got to spend much more time in the rain yay :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:party0023: :party0023: :party0023:

Lovely that 8) :mrgreen:
Trouble with mine is it has the height has the width but lacks the lenghth by 6 inches :( story of my life that. :lol:

Good times :) A garage, or space for one, is top of my list when we move house. In a council garage at the mo and it just squeezes in. Got to have a good garage :)

Cheers guys :D been wanting a garage for years :D will make a change from having to use my dads garage :lol:

And I've got it so there's room for a project in the future :msn4:

well highly interesting day......................

girls were out and me and the boy fancied a cruise in the bus

so in goes his car seat and then him strapped in then i locked his door (hes only 2 there aint child locks and he opened the door at some traffic lights last year )

then i went round to my door..............................................................

in goes the key, i turn, then thers a strange noise the key goes right round and gets stuck :shock: bugger

queue me spending 20 mins convincing the boy (hes 2) to take off his seat belt (something we drill in to him to never do himself), he thinks its bloody hillarious.................

so after hes out tell him to unlock the door, which he cant do (68 bay with little door lock pins), so now hes stressing abit (im climbing the bloody walls by now).... so over to plan b................

"niall can you wind down the window :D "....hmmmm not as easy as it sounds trying to show a 2 year old how to wind the handle from the other side of the glass (hes used to the electric windows in the daily)

so after about another 10 min the windows down and im in..............

thank fooook for that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

time to strip down the lock to get my key back

door card off and exterior handle off

b5262f8b.jpg

turns out the cam on the end of the tumbler had slipped its 2 way spring and the pin had got stuck on the mechanism

key back yay :D

something was right with the mechanism so out that came

ce0ad73a.jpg

mech all gunked up and that little spring had come off, so popped it back on

aadeb3c2.jpg

63e47698.jpg

90079a14.jpg

so gave it plenty of wd40cleaned it out of the dirt :D

then a dose of this stuff

bc61d6d9.jpg

then i can sart to put it back together

be625c5d.jpg

once in the door locks/unlocks/closes/opens like a brand new one now, well happy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

just felt a bit shit with locked in child bit :oops: :oops: :oops:

but he thought it was hillarious.......... moral of the story, carry more keys :lol: :lol: :lol:

shaun

myvanway 69 said:
Looks like you had a good time Shaun 8) ,
How was the awning?? ;)

cracking weekend :D

the awning was ace, cant believe the amount of space ive got in there, in fact some how it ended up as everyones HQ lol :lol:

it was the first time id attached it to the van and i did notice its a bit dodgy with the sliding door, open it quick and fully and it will catch and rip the apron :?

After the week from hell digging and sorting the final paperwork with starting the garagefor my bay, this weeks hols couldn't have come at a better time, real shame I'm not down in my bay though but I'm waiting to have my new engine before I do the real long distance hauls so the daily it is :-( :cry:

But down in perranporth the weathers good :D

(and the bonus is I'm only 5 mins away from the rattlers cider farm)

02777a43.jpg

Seen loads of early bays (and I mean loads) and Im trying to capture as many as poss and will post them up on my return

Enjoying a cider 8)
Shaun

myvanway 69 said:
8) :D

Ciders made with apple though Shaun!!!! ;) :lol:

I know ;) got a crate of original in the car for home use, just fancied some pear for a change to crack open in the cottage :lol:

Good job I didn't take to the cider whiskey, £150-00 a bottle is slightly pushing it :lol:

Good job I didn't take to the cider whiskey, £150-00 a bottle is slightly pushing it :lol:[/quote]

:shock:

Have a good un, have one for me as im back at work tomoz!! Booo!! :(

Mot day .......

And she passed, yay

Only a couple of advisories :D

The last 2 brake pipes to be replaced are looking tired,

And one of the gators on a ball joint isn't split but is "nearly" :roll:

Oh and he said the hand brake could do with adjusting so out came a 10mm spanner and I did it there and then.

A1087170-0C50-4679-B903-BD274A44D877-16091-0000111FADBA4171.jpg

6979C641-6561-4F25-B4C6-95701092DACA-16091-00001120A1E5EBE4.jpg

:D :D :D :D

well ive been keeping myself busy lately with my new garage thought id better put some pics up :D

garage002.jpg

garage006.jpg

garage008.jpg

the day i got my permission granted :D been waiting to rip down that fence for ages :lol:

garagejuly002.jpg

had to get a bit of mechanical help in pesky reinforced concrete :msn4:

garagejuly004.jpg

garagejuly007.jpg

garagejuly012.jpg

garagejuly010.jpg

garagejuly028.jpg

garagejuly032.jpg

garagejuly037.jpg

garagejuly043.jpg

garagejuly047.jpg

and thats a few dig out pics :lol: :D

onto the footings after a bit of toing and froing with the council about depths (im at 1.9m deep at some points :msn4: ) time to put lots (and lots) of reinforced concrete in :D

aug25009.jpg

aug25015.jpg

aug25030.jpg

i dig an hole only to fill it back in again :roll:

then on to the bricking :D

aug25034.jpg

aug25035.jpg

aug25036.jpg

aug25039.jpg

aug25046.jpg

aug25048.jpg

aug25060.jpg

aug25058.jpg

aug25062.jpg

aug26016.jpg

aug26017.jpg

aug26020.jpg

aug26021.jpg

aug26019.jpg

so its getting there and im one happy bunny even though ive nearly thrown in the towel a couple of times due to the hassle :roll:

i hate paperwork :evil:

:D :D

Latest posts