My 68 Pannel Der Schlammschaber Bus...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Reaction score
just wanted to put me van on here too, its as low as you can go...lol

214265207_6631e8c51b.jpg

gotta resto tread going on over in volkszone if you wanna take a gander,

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=302393

its mot'd tax n my daily at the mo, just needs abit of paint, an to go lower on the rear!

cheers
alex[/url]

Al, that looks fookin fantastic fella, nice work, go the commercials i say..

Great lowering batman!

How much did you narrow the beam by? 8)

as much as possible, it sits inside the chasiss rails, and the top torsrion arm of the link pin beam (thats why its so low!!!) is clearanced a few mill and the edge of the chais rail is radious to miss it, with out choping the chassis rails to make tham narrower, there no psosible way to go any more narrow, and it looks too narrow at the mo really!!! even witht he crap of set BRM's...

Cool! have you tubbed the arches a little aswell?

Any probs with cornering? Or is it just a huge turning circle! :D

tubs+done+1.JPG

tubs+done.JPG

juat they are a little bit tubed,

thats a 4" tub and its nowhere near the top of that, you have to remember that my beams moved up 1.5", 3.5" dropped spindels, so before i even ajust it on the adjusters its 5" lower than stock,

then creative style adjusters which go -6" too... at the mo thats as highas i can go onthe adjusters so it can only go down!!!1 which it will anyway i put the adjusters in off set too, ie so i can run it even lower, so low when the adjusters are not even maxed out the van touches the floor.....

the plan is once ive sorted a dialy out and its painted, i want it even lower so thats why i did the big tubs etc.....

the rear will be going on adjstible spring plates then down another spline so the gearbox will be 10mm of the floor, on its lowest setting then i can raise it up for normal driving....

ill be fitting front and rear bolt on/off sump guards out of 3mm M/S with 10x30mm flat bar welded on to stiffen it and do the main grinding out.
they will bolt onto the bottom of the front bumper and com back to the front cossmember, and th rear will bolt on to weled brakets on the reatr tosion bar and bolt uder the rear bumper too.

as far a turning circle is concernd, it would be allot better if i went runnin these BRMs but ive made that adjustible too, so if i eve run noraml wheels i can make it be stock turning circle, its not bad but you notice it when parking in spaces and pullin out on to tigh corenred thin roads....lol

Is the bench seat in yours original?

I have a walk through model at the moment but want to fit a bench seat!

Anyone know where I can get one?

yeah its orginal! even my M code tells me its been there sice vw spot welded it in!!! should yours be a walk thu? check out your M code ant it'll tell you!!

cheers
alex.

That is some quality tubin! I am very tempted to run my normal wheels that I have on at the moment but drop it another couple of inches, so that it sits a couple of inches off the floor at the front.

With a bit of luck that will give it a nice low front with a slightly higher (about an inch) raise at the back.

Quality work dude, keep it up! 8) :D

yeah i did all the work myself, im a welder fabricatior, and part time VW nut!
really the only thing i didnt do was MOT it!

if you want to seem most of the pics ive uploaded, well theres aobut 60, when i have 1000's.... they are here, theres a brief write up with loads of spellin mistakes!

take a looksy here, scrole down abit for the pics, the tubs from carobard template to finished artical are all on bottom of page 2 and start of page 3!

http://www.demon-dubs.co.uk/gallery/v/Our+Vehicles/Alex+Der+Schlammschaber+Bus/?g2_page=1

cheers
alex.

Slammed.jpg

work in progress...... this aint even maxed out on the adjusters although that is as low as it can possibly go....

low+low+low.jpg

see.....

Slammed+1.jpg

yeah it kinda grinded out at that point, id like to add, once id fiannaly sorted the front beam and got it rolling i had to tack weld on a arch and quickly bolt up a door just to see what it all looked like!!

So the above arch is only quickly taked in, so's to get the measurements for the steering lock amount, suspession braketry and tub fabrication ammounts.

slamed+rake.jpg

thats as low as i can be to *easily get on and off my drive, i would liek the front end to be at least that low when its *finished, the rear will come down a dab on adjustible spring plates (when i fiannaly make em!)[/img]

Quality work sir! I wanna see this bus in the flesh! 8)

Hello mate, any mork work on this beast so far?????? 8)

Latest posts