My 68 Westy - as time goes by .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How low are your front spindles ? I tried to read through but cant find it. I'm just wondering about getting 3.5 " dropped ones and not bother with adjusters in the beam.

trebor said:
How low are your front spindles ? I tried to read through but cant find it. I'm just wondering about getting 3.5 " dropped ones and not bother with adjusters in the beam.

Yes, about 3.5" but I have adjusters as well so it's a bit lower still :D

Yes, it's a Slamwerks/T2D 4"beam with reversed ball joint spindles.

Enjoyed a camp out at Stonor Park this weekend

End of the day -

Went to Bude at the weekend

This happened coming home ...

Bah!

Oof! thats not good! refund time on them badboys!

sparkywig said:
Where did you stay in Bude, Mike?

Upper Lynstone Campsite Wig. Really clean and good sized pitches. We arrived late and it was all shut up so just stayed and payed on departure, it was just under £20. Ive no idea if thats reasonable or not? I thought it was a bit steep maybe, but the loos and showers were superb.

Yes, the damper snapped on a real rough road, but I was going really slow so I dont really think its that contributory .... I bought them off here unused and they came from a supplier of the shocks, not direct from Gaz, but I will be going back to the company and seeing what can be done. Ive refitted the old Bugpacks for now as Ive a couple of weekends coming up where I need the van and I dont have time to be waiting right now.

I was in Bude primarily to collect a pretty cool eBay purchase :mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
That's run by our friends Mike, we stay there whenever we're in Bude.
Used to have a static pitch there for just under 10 years.

I'm glad I paid up on departure and didnt sneak off :lol:

Top site 8)

easy said:
Any news on the shocks dood?

Not yet :oops: I just haven't had time to deal with it yet, after this weekend ill be on it. :msn4:

So, I went to Harrogate to watch the Tour De France

Got a prime spot on Stage 1 to see the final sprint

Did a lot of walking

:D

gninnam said:
Was it worth the journey then ??

Yes, deffo! Loved it :D

(On the train to London for stage three as I type this!)

Latest posts