My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham L said:
Sarah

Looking good and I hope to see it again soon,

Certainly is Graham isn't it? I shall pop round to your place once it's finished :D

No pics of the last wrok session as it didnt end, however we picked up the new window felts, inner scrapers and a 'proper' inner sliding door handle at Brighton this weekend, so watch this space!

hello and welcome :D

I've not had time to read your theard, but i thought i better let you know, you've added your pictures the wrong way round :p

lovey bus and when i get bored of the colour coded BRM's i'll give you a shout, maybe do a deal on your rack.

dubscum said:

I've not had time to read your theard, but i thought i better let you know, you've added your pictures the wrong way round :p

lovey bus and when i get bored of the colour coded BRM's i'll give you a shout, maybe do a deal on your rack.

:shock: Blimey, your forward! :lol: ;) ..................soz :oops:

easy said:
dubscum said:

:lol: D'oh roof rack :oops:

dubscum said:
easy said:
dubscum said:

:lol: D'oh roof rack :oops:

Now then boys!! No need for that lol.. :mrgreen: As for pictures the wrong way round, it's not wrong dubscum, just different!!? :lol: PS - you don't stand a chance getting your hands on my rack! :D

So what do you rekon Clem, whilst you've got the windows out & all? :lol: :mrgreen:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merlydog said:
So what do you rekon Clem, whilst you've got the windows out & all? :lol: :mrgreen:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do I reckon? I reckon its hard enough saving og deluxe trim in the new rubbers as it is! :lol:

Oh dear, I'm guessing another frustrating evening.. Sorry Clem :-( Do you & Wally drink whiskey :-D

No, its all good :) No whiskey, tea and deperado's :mrgreen:

The old outer scraper

oldout.jpg

on the bench

old.jpg

the old drop felt

oldfelt.jpg

All refitted, the new inner

newinner.jpg

and the outer

newout.jpg

We've done both sides now and re-used the og drop felt in the other door - it was much better and makes operation easier.

In with the rest of the glass now! 8)

You guys are tops, thank you!! Everyone likes southern comfort right?? Thank you for the update, it's looking spot on Clem :) I know it's been a pain in the ass keeping & salvaging the og bits but it's much appreciated guys... :-D I'm sorry I can't make tomorrow, Mondays a possibility if your going to be there Clem??

Sorry - phone photos :?

Windows out

89a67ac4.jpg

Lay on some wax to protect in the future

04e4c934.jpg

And glass back in :). Rubbers are from C and C and we re use the og metal trims not the nasty plastic repro stuff. All side glass done in an afternoon (and a bit!)

53222cff.jpg

Sweet work Clem 8)

Quick question - are you putting wax on the window surround and if so, when the rubber goes back, does it 'bunch up' the wax??

gninnam said:
Sweet work Clem 8)

Quick question - are you putting wax on the window surround and if so, when the rubber goes back, does it 'bunch up' the wax??

Yes, just a thin coat of ankor wax so it dries quick and doesn't smear on install :)

Setup tonight, greased the beam, bled brakes, checked height and did the tracking, and then test drove it :) It's drives sweet :)

87c4cc85.jpg

Another good reason for me not to lose touch with what's going on in the world of early's, I just have so much respect for the way so many of the forum members help others out especially the newbies - albeit for some financial consideration - its always good value for money, a small price to pay for all the knowledge and getting the job done right.

Have the window joys to come, just spent £400 (almost had heart failure, but that came later watching Spurs play Inter :lol: ) on new seals from C&C yesterday including the cab door kits so your tips on using OE strips if we can find some will come in handy

Great work again Mike (and Paul!)

cotswoldiver said:
Great work again Mike (and Paul!)

Thanks David. To be fair its Paul who's been in overdrive lately, you'll appreciate this having seen him in 'action' - he has the patience of a saint and is a stickler for fiddly stuff. Hes had a week off work and was meant to be welding his crew cab, but has spent so much time ensuring the window trims were straight and fitted correctly, and then spent ages as he was so bugged by the sliding door locks not operating. We didnt have a lhd spare, so he dismantled it and rebuilt the unit so it all worked correctly, the slider now locks from the inside and outside, pulls up correctly and can be locked open .... when we test drove last night I noticed all the side markers were illuminated - he was annoyed that they didnt work, so had been round and sorted them all out! :lol:

When we left last night, I told him to get a life and crack on with his welding .... :mrgreen:

Wow Clem, you've really hit it hard this week thanks! I did notice the 1:07am posting, that's hardcore 8) I spied my new handle in the picture Wally thank you, I know you took great care in rebuilding it :)

Latest posts