My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi clem sorry to jump onto your thread but could you give me some advice on routing my fuel line and filter here are some pics as it is now I think it looks a bit dodgy what do you think, cheers mark[photobucket][/photobucket]
45a41072.jpg
b1ea35f7.jpg
I'm looking at doing this on thur before coming down to the Xmas meet at the 50's dinner

Hi Mark

It looks like you have a solid section that goes through the rear tinwear, so thats not so bad, as long as its protected against chafing. Id replace the flexi lines and move the fuel filter out of the engine bay and have it immediately after the fuel tank. Hope that makes sense - Cheers. :)

Flipping cold to day, but work continued, outside for some waxing externally, and into the sills etc -

stands2.jpg

stands1.jpg

stands3.jpg

spray3.jpg

You can see the wax mising out of the drain holes here as its blasted in elsewhere ... proper internal coverage!

spray.jpg

Went in for a warm and fitted the Pertronix kit to the dizzy. Always a good upgrade.

dizzy.jpg

And also we have now fitted the rock and roll seat from Rusty Lee. A well made well thought out unit thats thouroughly reccomended. Nice one Lee. :)

rnrseat.jpg

rnrflat.jpg

Ready for trimming! :mrgreen:

Wow that's a massive amount of work over a short time there guys! It's certainly all coming together now :mrgreen: I don't envy you in this weather either, character building?! I'm pleased that new bed doesn't fit to the flooring. I have an excuse to fit madmatz tiles down now ;)

Clem said:
Flipping cold to day, but work continued, outside for some waxing externally, and into the sills etc -

stands2.jpg

stands1.jpg

stands3.jpg

spray3.jpg

You can see the wax mising out of the drain holes here as its blasted in elsewhere ... proper internal coverage!

spray.jpg

Went in for a warm and fitted the Pertronix kit to the dizzy. Always a good upgrade.

dizzy.jpg

And also we have now fitted the rock and roll seat from Rusty Lee. A well made well thought out unit thats thouroughly reccomended. Nice one Lee. :)

rnrseat.jpg

rnrflat.jpg

Ready for trimming! :mrgreen:
I had 1 of Rusty Lees beds and can honestly say its very well made and works the way you would expect

Nice one clem looks fantastic glad sarah has somewhere comfy to sleep ha.

Rusty Lee said:
Nice one clem looks fantastic glad sarah has somewhere comfy to sleep ha.
Indeed!! Creature comforts are important, loving it Lee tku very much :mrgreen:

no probs sarah like i said look forwarrd to seeing the finished article.

Sarah,

that is a sweet looking bus!! Love the full length roof rack too.

Lizzie

Hey Sarah

This is interesting - the door edge trims on your van, I assumed they were home made, but looking at this ad, it seems they are a nice period accessory :)

3542133.jpg

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1062481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clem said:
Hey Sarah

This is interesting - the door edge trims on your van, I assumed they were home made, but looking at this ad, it seems they are a nice period accessory :)

3542133.jpg

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1062481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ah ha!!!! I knew there would be something on my van that impressed you eventually Clem hehe :lol:

Roof rack was removed at the weekend and a few hours spent cutting the cloud white roof back to remove all the grime. Its thin paint but looks way 8) We then gave it a good coat of wax but it soaked it up! The gutters are all clean and solid so they got a lick of ankor wax to keep them that way.

tumblr_lcyxoaE2e81qf2thio1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcyxlo2lEV1qf2thi

Scaling the side of your garage must have been interesting to get that picture mike, or did you send Wally? Ha!! It looks very sparkly :mrgreen: All the damage that rack had done to the gutters I'm glad I've sold it now! 8)

Cutting, polishing and touching in ...

tumblr_ld4qhehxls1qf2thio1_1280.jpg

The end is in sight!

First cut is using an abrasive paste, similar to the G3 compound, then some areas with T-Cut or similar and then a protective coat of Turtle Wax. We have to be cautious on old og paint though!

Some areas have been wet sanded to to get rid of mild surface damage.

:)

Latest posts