My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a6713019.jpg

7e89bfcc.jpg

8b109671.jpg

Few more headliner pics for anyone interested! Just gotta drill the holes for the silent gliss now... Not looking forward to that... :shock: :?

Also had a wee tune up, oil change, brakes adjusted etc for the France trip weekend after next with Graham & Dave at MEB! So far so good.. Just hope he makes it!!!! Had a set of Dell's planned but the dog has a dodgy leg so all the funds went to that this month! Joy! :mrgreen:

Nearly there mate - looks so much better than the temp blue/white and comics!
If you come across another set of deluxe panels... - red/cream. ;)

ZedBed said:
Nearly there mate - looks so much better than the temp blue/white and comics!
If you come across another set of deluxe panels... - red/cream. ;)

Coming on now Steve isn't it?! I know what you mean about going the opposite way to most! Heightening it up, scrapping the camping interior in favour of the microbus :lol: I like to be different!!! :lol: :D

Fit all the new silent gliss today.. Curtains back in tomorrow! Just need another busy month at work this month with the overtime & I'll have those twin DRLA's on in no time!!! ;)

No, no - you're going the right way! You've got it looking a treat. I hope I can get mine as nice inside.
Is the bed comfortable? Looks a bit lumpy and sort of like sleeping in a car??? I mean it looks great, but uncomfortable. Must be getting old!

ZedBed said:
No, no - you're going the right way! You've got it looking a treat. I hope I can get mine as nice inside.
Is the bed comfortable? Looks a bit lumpy and sort of like sleeping in a car??? I mean it looks great, but uncomfortable. Must be getting old!

Hehe, comfort is extremely important Steve!! Just bought a cheap futon mattress off eBay for £12 quid. Folds over in the tailgate a treat when not required! One thing I did see which looks pretty good is something called The Duvelley. It was on dragons den last night and it's like a memory foam mattress and sleeping bag all in one. Rolls up pretty small when not required & prides itself on 'smoothing out the lumps'. Bit expensive though and the futon does the trick. Old phot but looks like this..

1b6ba95a.jpg

Twinnies are on! Yum! :mrgreen:

772dd6dc.jpg

Now I need a shiny exhaust please Santa Claus.. :D

Having got fed up of hunting and tracking down oil leaks I had intended to just leave it and forget it.. However.. It started to get the fan belt wet and figured I'd better get off my arse and find it.. So with my 30mm socket and Ozzie hammer I managed to get the pulley wheel off and found the following..

3c5e6562.jpg

bdd40dc6.jpg

e7a09b1e.jpg

New gaskets, cover plate and self sealing nuts on route. I did research the cogs and found them all intact and nice and crisp so figured the oil pump would be ok.. I hope this is it for oil leaks for a while. It's getting boring now! :lol:

ZedBed said:
That'll be both ends attended to then. Fingers crossed for you. :)

Thank you Zed.. :mrgreen: Any tips for tightening that pulley nut or just as tight as I can get it? (I don't have a torque tool)

29282de9.jpg

I've finally managed to bag a Devon cabinet!! Its in a bit of a state, but the drawer, cupboard doors, Dudley cooker and hood are all good.. The frame is past it though so off to B&Q for some new wood. I'm doing pine I think, better quality than the plywood and vaneer. Progress to follow..

I know some of you are going to hate me for doing this but I did spend a lot of time contemplating which direction to take. I went to a few wood suppliers and found for what I needed it would just cost way too much! Plus, to be honest having inspected what was needed was probably beyond me. So, having spent a few months without any beano now I felt a little lost so did this!!

75d63a81.jpg

2aeb5788.jpg

I know, I did it on the dining room table!! I used PVA glue and then varnished it to harden it off, 1969 beano too! ;) I just hope cooking on it doesn't cause it to peel off..
New hinges and a good scrub of the doors and I'm almost there. I just need to start work on the cooker and hood now.

Does anyone know where you can get the trim that goes around the lid on the cabinet?

I think you know what I think of decoupage. :msn4:
Just when you'd got rid of it all turns out you liked it really. :lol:

sweet loooking van :mrgreen:

who did your head liner also did the pillers get done too? got alot of work to do in mine and if i can take the head liner and piller trim out knowing i can get it re done ill be happy :D

Latest posts