My 70 Beige bus. 'The Sagavan'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yackaboo

Reaction score
I thought it was about time I posted up some pics of my bus, I bought it a few years ago with the idea that it was going to be a rolling restoration, boy was I wrong! I bought it with a fresh MOT..second time out heading to Bristol volksfest the steering started to tighten up as I was driving down the M4 :shock: ,I managed to get it back home after the show and stripped the steering box, it had been over adjusted to get it through the MOT test, it was also bone dry!.So after that I decided to give the van a thorough going over before I did Vanfest just in case the PO had left any other little surprises for me to find.
Since then I moved house and didn't have a garage or drive to work on the bus so I had to bite the bullet and find somebody to do a full resto on her. so here are the before and after pics.

I stripped the body of all the removable parts then the guys at Elite paint and Panel in Nether Wallop had the body shot blasted, all the dodgy welding and shot panels were cut out and new steel welded in.( years of UK weather and mot welding)

I'm well pleased at the end result and I've managed to keep an original UK bus on the road ( when I finish it) :lol: .

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts