My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only looking at your van that gives me hope for my own project...

Come on, Christmas is over, we're all looking forward to seeing some more progress............... :D

hi alfie ive just spent the last hour reading your thread whilst eating my new years dinner as a result i have steak pie and tatties all over my knees as i struggled to keep my jaw shut. i am truly amazed at the work you have done on this bus especially as a first project your in the wrong job mate ive done several bay restorations over the years but never to this extent and im a coded welder .your restoration is an inspiration to others and like someone else said you deserve a medal for doing it cant wait to see the finished van and will be tracking it down at the shows so i can shake your hand top job mate well done

Happy new year everyone :wink:

Time to crack on now.... in a bid to get the bus finished and ready for the summer. Made some more progress on the overhead units.

Photo-0001-1.jpg

Still got to varnish the wood, going to put some doors at the ends and middle section.

Photo-0004.jpg

Got the curtain rail up and hid it out of the way, also put in some down lights to light up the work top.

Photo-0003.jpg

Will update soon :D

alfie, will you come do my bus when your done? :p

love the down lighters, top work as usual :wink:

Great job Alfie, coming on very well m8 and love those overhead units, I'm going to have to nick that idea off you, hope you don't mind :lol:

Not long to go now eh, you'll get it to RTTH and Vanfest no problem this year :wink:

Its coming along really nicely there Alfie. Very interested to see the interior coming together. Have you decided on what material your going to use for the bed/rear seat yet?
This thread is one of the best - well done :D

Progress has been a bit slow of late as it's always (bleeping) raining :shock:

But I was off work today and for once the sun was out for a change. Did a bit more, finished the overhead panel and made a start on the bed and bottom side units. :D

Photo-0002-1.jpg

Photo-0004-1.jpg

Photo-0008.jpg

That interior is really taking shape now Alfie, doing a great job m8, it just gets better all the time :wink:

Nice work Alfie , haven`t checked this thread for ages and it`s come on a bundle , Cool work mate cant wait to see it finished 8)

Thats way nice dood! love that interior, mucho space for your big drinking mugs! :wink: 8)

dubberdaz said:
that interior is looking amazing!!

EB understatement of the year? :lol:

beautiful craftsmanship, you could fool me into thinking your a pro cabinet fitter :wink:

Update...Done a bit more on the interior. Managed to pick up a neat little fridge off Ebay, a bargain at £55.
wanted a gas hob but they worked out very expensive so got this cheap camping one and fitted it into the worktop.

And the sink is a stainless steel mixing bowl which I fitted into theworktop. Got to fit a plug hole and plumb in a tap for it next.

camper1.jpg

Made some doors but still got to hang them.

camper6.jpg

Got some rock and roll hinges from Just Kampers and made a bed, took some working out as they had no real instructions, but got there in the end. It works quite well. Got to get some foam now for the bedding.

camper8.jpg

Made a little drawer for the cuttlery

camper7.jpg

As mentioned still got to fit a plug hole and plumb in a tap and finish off andpaint the units.

camper2.jpg

Also going to attempt to build a buddy seat near the sliding door which will hide a porta loo. Will update with more pics soon. :D

Latest posts