My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some one 's pretty good at woodwork :lol:

I boweth for thee, Alfie 8)

It's coming along nicely, it'll be great when it's finished.

How's the paint holding up? Has it become scratch free like 2K paint or does it still need some hardening?

Like the routing edges, and curves fella.

What a top build.

Ive just sold my T4 to get some dosh to start mine.

I put it down to the quality builds that this forum has.

Cheers for keeping us updated. :D

Hi Alfie :) Thanks for the update, I have been following your build from the start and I look foreward to each new episode. Its looking really good now, I like the furniture you have there. Did you make it yourself? - it looks better than most of the "kits" I have seen. Love the rounded edges and the shape of the units.
I also like the idea of the stainless bowel for a sink and the way you fitted the camping stove in so neatly.
I noticed you decided to paint the external door handle on the sliding door and was wondering if the paint is holding up ok on it? Reason I ask is because I tried this on another vehicle once but it kept getting damaged and going grubby - maybe because i did it wrong.
Looking foreward to your next pics :D

love what you are doing with the interior, looks amazing.
a credit to all of the hard work you are putting in.

hey alfie, i've been following this thread on here & volkszone & it's amazing what your doing, your nearly there, i cant wait to see this all done. will deffo be looking out for it at the shows :D
anymore pics/update :D baj

Thanks guys, glad you like it :D Trikky2 I sprayed the sliding door handle by mistake!!!! :shock: Just forgot to mask it up thats all, got to get a new handle now. :lol:

Bit of an update.... managed to do a bit more on the interior :D

Photo-0034.jpg

Photo-0054-2.jpg

Covered the Rock and roll bed ready for the foam

Photo-0044-3.jpg

Photo-0039-2.jpg

Put a plug hole in the mixing bowl to make a cheap sink

Photo-0041.jpg

But some aluminuim strip on the worktop edge to finish it off, quite like it 8)

Photo-0053-1.jpg

Photo-0036-2.jpg

Damn that strip really finishes it off!
You know your stuff Alfie - no question 'bout it

So are you happy about the paint job?
And on the inside?

Greetz Nate

Top job Alfie, looking very tidy m8. That alluminium trim really sets it off well :D
That must be the interior just about done now eh ? Have you got a date in mind for hitting the road ?

once again more trick bits, i love this interior! one of the best custom jobs ive seen. The black and silver strip works a treat 8)

Real nice work Alfie - you're work's raised the standard of what's possible for driveway restos!! Truly inspirational stuff!

Thanks very much Nate 8)

Yeah I'm quite happy with the paint, it's not perfect but it's the best i think i'm gonna get it . I have been informed that if you spray clear laquer over Cellulose it will give a high gloss showroom finish, do you know if this true??

Still got to finish spraying the sliding door so might give it a go on that :D The interior seems to be coming along slowly, getting ideas as I go along....just finished the cab headlining, so will post some more pics shortly.

Hi Covin
Thanks for nice comments mate, how's your bus coming along? cant wait to see it. I am hoping if the weather holds out I could have mine on the road in time for Stonor in June.......Fingers crossed :lol:... Can't wait to take it for the big MOT!!

Cheers to Johnny, Airtime and Rhodierider and everyone else also for all your nice comments. It's been a really great hobby this and I'm so glad I managed to get an earlybay when I did......and for only 600 note's !!!! think it was money well spent considering how popular they are becoming 8)

Will update with more pics soon guys, all the best :wink:

Decided to have a go at the cab headlining, used the same carpet as the rear to keep it all one uniform colour :)

Before

Photo-0001-3.jpg

Covered the edges

Photo-0003-1.jpg

Cut some hardwood to fit and covered it

Photo-0004-2.jpg

Next job was to put in some thick polystyrene to help soundproof and insulate the area

Photo-0005.jpg

And here it is fitted (Left a hole for the interior light)

Photo-0006.jpg

all ready for the windscreen, rear view mirror, and sunvisors to go on. :D

Photo-0012.jpg

all your work looks 'factory', great stuff.

You should be in the business, as the work looks top notch :wink:

Cheers Johnny, the amount of time it's taken just to get mine done I would probably be sacked by the first customer :lol:

made a rear panel today

Photo-0037.jpg

And one for the passenger seat

Photo-0034-1.jpg

you've got some pretty good handy craft going on there mate. loving the cupboards running behind the driver seat. its like the dormobile/moonraker with modern twist. i like the cut away by the RnR bed too.

Looks Amazing

think the lighter evenings and warmer weather is going to help us all make some serious progress.

NaFe

Latest posts