My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep great work Alfie your posts have been an inspiration in cracking on with my spruce up, keep the pics coming, not far to go......

Bit of an update. Got the windscreen in and all the glass now. (apart from the cab doors)

63.jpg

Also picked up some silver trim from Halfords to go around the front grill. It's not the real thing but quite pleased with the result, it comes in a roll and just sticks on.

64.jpg

Also managed to pick up this pop top roof which fits nicely over the existing hole. fitted the base and lined the inside edges with carpet, just got to fit the elevated top part and spring rods now.

60.jpg

67.jpg

66.jpg

Heres a top view

61.jpg

With the carpet fitted, very pleased, it's starting to lock like a proper camper again...Wohooo!!

69.jpg

Thanks for the interest Guys :D Been busy doing lots of odds and sods with nothing really much to show at the moment.

Bought some nice silver bling!! light surrounds..... then found that they wouldn't fit over the euro lens as think they are for US spec lens :cry: So in the end I decided to cut the edge of lens to fit the surrounds, think they look quite cool 8) now.
Photo-0021-3.jpg

Made some kick panels and put down some carpet on the wheel tubs ready for the seats to go in.

Photo-0015-1.jpg

Will take some pic's and update shortly :D

Hey Alfie - can you do us all a favour and let us know where you get some of your stuff from like for example, the aluminium strips for the worktops/cupboards.

As someone has said already, it all looks 'factory'. Great work!

Johnny said:
are you putting OG or custom seats in?

Johnny, gonna try and keep the original seats as I have already welded in the runners for drivers side. Need to get them recovered though, do you know of any trim companies that do replacement covers at a resonable price??? I have heard of a company called JR and CP WOOD who make them to order, I would be interested to know if anyone on here got some from them??

VeeDubMan3 said:
Hey Alfie - can you do us all a favour and let us know where you get some of your stuff from like for example, the aluminium strips for the worktops/cupboards.

As someone has said already, it all looks 'factory'. Great work!

Thanks mate, got the aluminium strip from Homebase they sell it in all lengths, shapes and sizes. :D

...and the routering on the doors/worktops...difficult to do?

And did you paint (spray) the black finish on all the doors/shelves?

VeeDubMan3 said:
...and the routering on the doors/worktops...difficult to do?

And did you paint (spray) the black finish on all the doors/shelves?

The Routering was quite easy to do in the end, just tried it on some scrap wood to start with till I was happy with the setting... then off I went. Then I painted the units and put some satin varnish over.

Heres some jazzy curtains which I made myself :D

Photo-0001-5.jpg

Think they look quite cool and match the colour of the camper 8)

Photo-0003-3.jpg

The poptop roof is almost fitted.

Photo-0016-1.jpg

started to make a seat to hide a porta loo inside, you never know when it may come in handy.

Photo-0009-2.jpg

To give you some sort of idea, this is where it's gonna go when its finally finished.

Photo-0010-1.jpg

alfie what way dd you treat the pop top? sand/prime/paint? what kind of paint did you use as well :D

asking as im nearly at the removal of poptop stage.

Johnny for once I didnt have to do a thing!!!! :shock: I bought it in this lovely condition and by luck it was painted in the same pastel white. I just fitted it over the hole where the paris beetle rag top was. :D