• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My beautiful '71 microbus (now £9,500 for quick sale)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluke22

Reaction score
OK guys and girls, if your interested be fast cos I might change my mind.

I bought my lovely old girl from Graham at Midland Earlybay back in February 2010. She was imported from Pasadena, California and is rock solid!!! Here's a little clip.....

http://youtu.be/WWsxeRXCRV8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to her birth certificate she was built on 6th January '71 and started life in Chianti red but has been repainted in cream at some point while in the states.

For her first MOT she needed around £700 worth of work including idler pin kit, suspension parts, rear brake shoes and flexi hoses, rear brake shoes (invoices to prove). After this I got her UK registered which was easier than I thought.

She's MOT'd until June 2012 and went straight through last time. Being a '71 she is also tax exempt.

She is fitted with a standard 1600TP engine and new carb (american coal canister setup which gives amazing mpg), brake disks up front and a servo which is amazing....you can actually stop when you want to!!

She is lowered on adjusters at the front and a couple of splines down at the back.

The interior in this old girl is outstanding. All seats are spotless and I've fitted a red and cream vinyl floor with Mad Matz tiles.
I've also fitted a pair of z hinges which allow you to use the original bench seat as a bed.....and it is soooooo comfy!! I still have the middle seat and can be re-fitted with ease but I find it works better for me with them.

There are a few spots of rust here and there and the only thing that may need some attention soon is the offside battery tray but having said that she's flown through the last MOT without issue.

I'm only considering the sale of my baby as I dont get to use her as often as I'd like and I'm saving for a house.

With that in mind I'm asking £10,500 firm. Based on other buses I've seen of similar year and condition I hope this is a fair price. If she doesnt sell it just gives me an excuse to keep hold of her

Feel free to ask me any questions as I'm sure I've missed load of info or give me a text on 07889 019607 if your interested.

Cheers,

Here's some pics,with loads more to follow if needed........

IMG_0051.jpg

Picture001Large.jpg

Picture003Large.jpg

Picture064Large.jpg

Picture062Large.jpg

Picture059Large.jpg

Picture060Large.jpg

Picture045Large.jpg

Picture046Large.jpg

Picture034Large.jpg

Picture022Large.jpg

Picture021Large.jpg

Picture020Large.jpg

Picture006Large.jpg

Picture005Large.jpg

284440_10150325625463690_724118689_9354311_3670269_n.jpg

185214_10150325624753690_724118689_9354299_5946303_n.jpg

After a lot of though the old girl needs to go so price is 10k ono
Cheers, Luke

OK guys and girls, some advice please......

am I asking too much here? honesty appreciated

My valuation is based soley on the condition and spec of the bus from others I've seen for sale. Dont want to rip people off but at the same time I do not want to leave my self short and let her go for less than she's work cos it breaking my heart that Im having to let her go.

Over to you people.

I'm not looking to buy her, sorry :oops:

But I would definitely be interested to find out where you got that red and white chequed flooring, I've been looking high and low for some for my bay

I think she is luvly but a couple of observation's :-

'Camper' market is stronger (by demand) than the 'Bus' market (fact) so
maybe maximise the appeal by highlighting/clarifying -

Can be used to pick up/deliver awkward e-bay items (middle seat out).
Can be used as a 7 seat Bus (clarify middle seat is included)-airport runs.
Can be used as a weekender (rear seat folds down).

Just a punter's view, hope it helps mate.......

Thanks for the comments people

Hamster - the tiles are from mad matz, they are great quality vinyl and feel great under bare feet (you should be able to find them on google) but i bought them from the Volksworld show.

bermuda blue said:
I think she is luvly but a couple of observation's :-

'Camper' market is stronger (by demand) than the 'Bus' market (fact) so
maybe maximise the appeal by highlighting/clarifying -

Can be used to pick up/deliver awkward e-bay items (middle seat out).
Can be used as a 7 seat Bus (clarify middle seat is included)-airport runs.
Can be used as a weekender (rear seat folds down).

Just a punter's view, hope it helps mate.......

Thanks for that Bermuda Blue, very true and practical points

Looks very nice mate, hold your nerve because the market is slacker at this time of year for obvious reasons - give it at least a month or two and use the other free websites (The Samba, Craigs list, Piston Heads etc..) I would even be tempted to wait to the new year if you aren't desperate.

It will sell but the price always drives the speed of the sale ;)

tintintin said:
Looks very nice mate, hold your nerve because the market is slacker at this time of year for obvious reasons - give it at least a month or two and use the other free websites (The Samba, Craigs list, Piston Heads etc..) I would even be tempted to wait to the new year if you aren't desperate.

It will sell but the price always drives the speed of the sale ;)

hadnt even thought of the other sites but I'll be sure to do that. Cheers Tintin

Had a few people interested but no one has been to see me yet.

Just to answer a few questions I have been asked:

The earlier pics are from when she lived in the states, I've added the most recent pics I have which are from my wedding in August.

The middle seats have been taken out because it works better for me but they can easily be put back in. I have all the original fixings.

The rear reflector is shown as missing in one of the photos but this is now back in place.

Open to offers people so come and see me for a winter bargain ready for the next season.

Wedding-125.jpg

Wedding-527.jpg

Wedding-518.jpg

Wedding-517.jpg

May take a part ex for a honda africa twin if anyone fancys a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts