my cream 68 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobby

Reaction score
hi i'm new on here, been on vzi for a while and met Rob (Doris on here) and he told me its a must to be on here.... and from the short time ive met him i realise he knows loads and have done the good thing and took him up on it! heres a few pics of when i bought my bay about 10months ago.... i'll update with recent pics soon.
100_2102.jpg

100_2101.jpg

100_2099.jpg

100_2075.jpg

100_2095.jpg

100_2087.jpg

100_2083.jpg

wahay - you made it - welcome Rob.
This place is my favourite forum = relaxed, helpful & polite.a great resource for earlybay detail.I have learnt sooo much!

nice to see another really early Bay. have a look round and ask away! look after those original interior panels matey. p.s. they are picture pervs on here so you've done the right thing getting pics up first thing :mrgreen:

catch ya soon buddy ;)

Rob

Ah another 68 bay owner,awesome.
Welcome to earlybay dude. :D

Lovely looking van n love the interior.
Is it all original?

Matt

dubbedup67 said:
Ah another 68 bay owner,awesome.
Welcome to earlybay dude. :D

Lovely looking van n love the interior.
Is it all original?

Matt

its changed a bit since the pics, after a few trips most the interior fell to bits n the bed wouldnt take much more so sold it off to fund a r+r bed n buddy seat, got a 2 year old that loves raggin things around so trying keep things easy for camping with him. the tin top had a small vent which the previous owner plated over and filled - not too well, left me with a leaky roof so went for a paris sunroof cus i think they look pretty cool. am happy with how its goin n keep doin little bits tidy it up as i go (radio, bumpers sprayed n back on, cooker/sink unit) gonna get some more recent pics up this weekend. hopefully i wont be sent to hell with the things ive done...... just makin a cool ride for every weekend!! :mrgreen:

Hi Rob, the cream colour is 'Lotus white' paint code should be L282, usually on a sticker behind the passenger seat.

Regards - Rob

Heres a few things ive done over the last 10 months....

under dash shelfs

utf-8BSU1BRzAxODcuanBn.jpg

retro sounds stereo/mp3/usb do dah

IMAG0185.jpg

3/4 rock n roll bed ( now out and sold , made way for a full width )

utf-8BSU1BRzAxODYuanBn.jpg

palziv foam sound/heat insulation over engine bay and all floor - before/after

EFAC0658-orig.jpg

82553AB9-orig.jpg

079C8603-orig.jpg

vinyl flooring ( may change it yet for a plain cream or summat... )

D1A468D9-orig.jpg

"paris" sunroof

E8EC9B2A-orig.jpg

B9EA4DEF-orig.jpg

6DA50914-orig.jpg

carpet left over internal roof

50EDDE7A-orig.jpg

kustom interiors weekend unit

8E32FAEB-orig.jpg

volkswares full width r+r bed and buddy seat ( still needs upholstering - hopefully next month ) The quality of volkswares bed and buddy seat is amazin too - I'm well impressed!

8355B787-orig.jpg

a few choice stickers... more to follow...

5A0A646C-orig.jpg

F6AA3393-orig.jpg

this was it sitting on the drive the other night

AAE9ADAB-orig.jpg

replaced a few bits of usual trim/seals, serviced a few times now, carpets up front and prob a few other bits on the ongoing quest to keep it tidy. :mrgreen:

Great van and loving the work carried out with the interior 8)

The day unit looks good - can it be removed easily so you can use the van to haul things about?

Oh and welcome :mrgreen:

Lovin the new interior.
Where did u get that floor? It looks awesome,love the new York etc snaps.:)

She's coming along nicely dude.:)

gninnam said:
Great van and loving the work carried out with the interior 8)

The day unit looks good - can it be removed easily so you can use the van to haul things about?

Oh and welcome :mrgreen:

Hi Andy

thanks for the bus love 8)

Yeah the unit isnt bolted anywhere at the mo, cant really give the van any beans goin round bends anyway so dont think it'll topple, but am just gonna bolt it to the bulkhead rear of the driver seat just to be sure! :D

dubbedup67 said:
Lovin the new interior.
Where did u get that floor? It looks awesome,love the new York etc snaps.:)

She's coming along nicely dude.:)

thanks! :mrgreen:

i got the floor from carpets 4 less, it was an end of roll bit too so dropped on. i must have gone every vinyl shop within 20miles tryin find summat, its never easy choosin bits like that!

Thanks to every1 else who's commented to, this is such a chilled cool forum! :D

Hey Doddy

Is that an Australian RHD? Too solid to be a UK van and the mesh visor is a bit of a giveaway. Could be wrong, it's happened before.

aspro said:
Hey Doddy

Is that an Australian RHD? Too solid to be a UK van and the mesh visor is a bit of a giveaway. Could be wrong, it's happened before.

na its uk did the m plate check the other night.... 16th jan 68, Ramsgate, England. :)

it is not a DEVON it was a danbury when it started life the colour is to dark to be lotus white and the screen viser looks like one from just kampers

Latest posts