-my early bay-

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlemic

Reaction score
Tonight me and misses went after in early bay that a friend of us had for sale..

The bus is not good i think and needs a lot of work and love, i have other projects running but this bus was to tempting and i couldn't let her? go elsewere ;) So now the car is on our garden have mostly beetles at this time 6 of them and that includes this winters project a -56 oval but i have also a late bay Pritchenwagen from 78 with a 1600cc engine.

With this bay i would be very much appreciated to have inputs good and bad but i prefer good cause i think that the positive things is what keep us all going ;)

My thoughts for now is in priority order:

Remove the spare front wheel
Engine out-And for now put in a 1600 with dual ports and kadrons,have one i garage that i use for inspection mainly..
Frontbeam out------Want to get lower,should i use adjusters only or buy spindles also?
Lower in back-one hack or two i dont now? pro and cons?

Thats the plans for 2011 like to go to SCC 2011 at Gardemoen awesome party for all aircooled people

Tonight pictures when arriving home:

cheers
michael ;)

Hi Michael

looks like a good project

where is this bus from? it has a split cargo door? and also you have it as a 72? is this correct?

Analog said:
Hi Michael

looks like a good project

where is this bus from? it has a split cargo door? and also you have it as a 72? is this correct?

The Bus was bought from south Sweden last year and dont have any history about it and the split door is confusing...

Bus should be a 1971 you are correct mate, my misstake :oops: I have now changed the year in my profile ;)

The interior is not threre or is in bad condition does anyone have any ideas of what front seats i could use?

Thanks

does it have an M plate? i'm really interested to see what that would say, the door looks the same as a double cab set up, maybe it has been welded in at some point?

you could fit any seat you want in there just the base frames would need adapting or swapping, is there no VW spares people near you?

Looks like a nice little project you have there bud, will look nice a bit lower 8)

Personally I think adjusters are fine unless you are talking about tarmac scrapingly low. One spline at the back is a nice subtle drop, two looks cool but it can be an arse to get the wheel off in the event of a puncture. It all down to preference really. Do you want to look cool or go camping in fields?

:)

Thanks for replys and good ideas guys ;)

So now i have bought adjusters and going to work on the car a little later have Waaay to many projects now,spring time is equal to rush hour :lol:

Like to go down two outer splines in rear and dont give a f-ck in case of puncture thats tomorrows problems...But more interesting is the wheels camber,what happens?

Did a mockup today with my new crome Fuchs going to be splendid in the end but for now at this height it looks quite funny i think.

Need some good ideas again, thinking of going with this patina look but going to wetsand hole body and would like to put primer red on top also,skip the withe field in the middle like the clean one color look of buse's also.

There is almost nothing on inside so need ideas how and what i should do so i can have my two children riding in the rear quite comfortably it should be something behind drivers seat as the side door is a split door and there is not much room for a seat there anyway note a normal.. so thinking that a fullsize rocknroll bed would be nice and then the boys need some place also.