MY PRIDE AND JOY! '72 BAY

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bus'Tup

Reaction score
Hello!! :D

Heres a pic of my '72, when i bought her the outside was all done but the dormobile interior was pretty tatty, so i stripped it all out and decided to go for my own design! The guys who fitted it did a great job and it has a smev hob n sink, fridge the two bench seats make up the bed and plenty of storage space under them and in the cupboards.

Roadtrip to Italy next week so wish me luck! Plus any tips for Italy welcomed!

(just need some handles for the cupboards, although not sure yet!)

19062007058.jpg

19062007060.jpg

19062007051.jpg

19062007054.jpg

19062007053.jpg

19062007055.jpg

19062007056.jpg

and one of my old bus in France on route to Ibiza last year...

Copy1ofIMG_0004.jpg

8)

I cant remember where to be honest! I've been trying for a friend whose going to France soon...my girlfriend will probably know!

Anyone else...nice to hear some feedback!! Interior? I know its not standard..but its solid and practical! -just needs some door knobs/handles...

just returned from a trip to Italy and the van didnt miss a beat! Went through France and Switzerland, had such a wicked time.

One problem though, the bloke i bought the van off it would seem has caught me out, the paints lifting off in place and rust is coming through so it would seem the van was spruced up to sell. Underneath is fantastic though, im in talks with a friend of a friend who is a top sprayer and he said after a repair to the door that the bare metal has loads of little rust spots, as if it was bare metalled and left in the rain before being sprayed.

So im going to have to fork out for a complete repray!! im going to rip all the interior out and door panels and get it ready, i f i leave it it will only get worse and id reather just do it now and get it done.

He has quoted me £2-2,500 for a bare metal repray in any colour of course. Sound fair? His very good so not worried there, any welding that needs doinf he will replace with fresh metal.

Gutted!! Paid £7,500 for the van and it almost looked to good to be true! I put the interior in as well.

Duh!

Still at least when i have finished ill have the van i want and really dont want to sell it as will loose money anyway, i figure spend the money, jsut get it done, they only seem to go up in value anyway, so if i do need to sell it at least it'll fetch a decent ammount of that money back to me.

Thought id share! Excellent trip though! Any advice? Colour?

For the sheer fun of it my uncle who is one talented welder having worked at number 10 and even built Diana a staircase...as well as rides at Disney World has offered to sand blast my van back to bare metal inside and out and do the lot!

I never thought to ask him, his always been abit of a mystery and all of a sudden photos appeared of all the cars his restored and the work he has done.

The best part is his going to do the lot for free, i will pay for any materials...and help out loads of course!

So im chuffed to bits.

Just need to think of a colour....green...blue? dunno...

8)

white white white white white .......are there any other colours ?

seriously though , we went through the same over the winter and couldn't decide on a colour and kept changing our minds, eventualy decided to keep it the origional pastel white. realy glad we did.

white white white white white white..............................................

Latest posts