My Tintop Westy bay.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddie

Reaction score
After WEEKS of waiting my Westy has arrived in the UK!

I’m already in love! A big thanks to Gary (Slammedresto) for sorting all the paperwork and importing this beauty for me!

She is a 1968/69 Westfalia Camper and very original!

My job now is too get an MOT on her and UK register her, oh and also give her a damn good clean!!!

PLANS: Lower it....... Link and Pin 5 inch Splitty beam, Drop spindles, adjustable spring plate’s blah blah blah. In the long run I’m hoping to Dub the arches and do a tad of chassis notching! She will be very very low.

But for now.... some pic’s.... Will upload more tomorrow in the daylight!

Wasnt a good start... the van got stuck when collecting the trailor...

Luckily Rob managed to start a 1950's tractor with a Mini key and a screwdriver and towed us out!

PC120453.jpg

Anyway, finally got there and picked her up! :)

PC120461.jpg

PC120462.jpg

Couple of the interior...

PC120465.jpg

PC120466.jpg

PC120464.jpg

PC120463.jpg

And finally here she is safley at home...

PC120470.jpg

More pics tomorrow after a good scrub! (the bus not me)

Hope you like her :)

glad you made it home avoiding the mud dude :lol:

someones gonna have a busy christmas, keep us posted with the progress :mrgreen:

sure looks clean. look forward to seeing this when it's low....It's gonna look a bit like mine will when it's done....well from the outside anyway.

looks a nice bus ;) look forward in what you do to it, if it's any thing like your last bus will be a sweet ride ;) :mrgreen: baj

Well done on what looks to be a nice project bus 8)
Keep us posted ;)

johnraw1 said:
sure looks clean. look forward to seeing this when it's low....It's gonna look a bit like mine will when it's done....well from the outside anyway.

Cheers man :) Im really looking forward to seeing how yours looks!

Will be good to get a pic of mine and yours together at BigBang if your going, mine will still be high in April, would be awesome to see the hight difference!

Thanks for the comments guys, here is a sort of plan for it..... Not sure about sign writing but thought id see how it looks....

change.jpg

8)

:lol:

I actually did it on Paint not photoshop 8)

Took a couple more pics today....

Nice recon engine :)

P1012177.jpg

My drive at the minute.... beetle is going soon :(

P1012178.jpg

The one sticker in the back window...

P1012181.jpg

Sound system...

P1012183.jpg

And this was under one of the seats....

P1012187.jpg

And finally an arty one...

P1012182.jpg

:)

dubscum said:
thats a cool little stove, like the bus, is the sale of the beetle paying for the slamming of the bus ?

I wish it was :(

The money from the bug is going straight to my parents as they lent me the money for the bay! :oops:

I fear the slamming of the bay may be helped by another overdraft :lol:

dubscum said:
the main thing is that you have a solid early dude, saying that i had my bus all of 4 days before it was in slamwerks :lol:
Mine did'nt even come home........went direct to T2D from Cali.

:lol:

Mine would have got straight to Slamwerks/T2D if i could afford it :(

Stock height will be the new cool soon anyway.... then mine will really stand out :lol:

Just you wait! ;)

there is something very cool about baja's and syncro's, but you really think i will believe this bus will stay stock hight .......... come on ! :lol: spark it or park it 8)

i a more serious note, i think your doing the right thing, saving up to do it right. Cutting and welding is standard on rats but this is a keeper, play the long game, he who laughs last laughs longest ;)

dubscum said:
there is something very cool about baja's and syncro's, but you really think i will believe this bus will stay stock hight .......... come on ! :lol: spark it or park it 8)

i a more serious note, i think your doing the right thing, saving up to do it right. Cutting and welding is standard on rats but this is a keeper, play the long game, he who laughs last laughs longest ;)

:lol: Definatly, no cutting and turning on this beauty! It may take me a while to save up but will be well worth it!!!

I have kind of missed driving a stock height bus, the best bit is when you break and the front dips down about a foot!!! :lol: Suppose thats better than breaking and your bumper hitting the floor tho ;)

Latest posts