My Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
I thought it was long overdue to post a few pics of my 1970 Westfalia Oslo, that I bought a couple of months back from a fellow earlybayer. Her condition is a true testament to the her previous owner and life before that spent in the US.....

This is before lowering....
13082009125.jpg

During.....
17092009213.jpg

and this is after...

Summer2009117.jpg

So far my main task has been lowering so I can get the old girl in the garage over the colder months.... I want to keep as original as possible so in addition to the lowering the garage door has sucumbed to some modifications too....but now I can just squeeze in....see roof image below.

Summer2009124.jpg

Thanks Stuart...

I think it is the only "car" I have ever bought where my girlfriend has smiled when she first saw it and she still does now...so I must have done something right!!

Looks great James. Well worth the search and wait. I think the simple lowering job does the bus justice too.

Keep us posted.

Jon

Thanks Jon,
I didn't want it too low to compromise the ride and clearance so am happy with it....you can probably see too that it is sitting a bit higher now than after it was initially dropped too. At least I've got the option with the beam adjusters to riase and lower it...

Here's an interior shot too... (others to follow)

28082009158.jpg

And one next to a cross over at the garage where we lowered it....

18092009216.jpg

Ok
A couple more of the interior...

R&R bed and table....
inttable2.jpg

The cooker and fridge....
IMG_0004.jpg

and finally upfront....
IMG_0002.jpg

:D

Got any more pics of the interior?
Im fitting a bench seat in the front and need ideas on what to fit behind the bulkhead. Already got an overhead locker and a full width RnR and like the look of what you've got fitted

:lol:

Here goes ....

This is the front unit behind the bulkhead... this is all original Westfalia Oslo spec..

IMG_0001.jpg

Fridge and spice rack..

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Cupboard unit...

IMG_0009.jpg

And the kitchen sink!!

IMG_0004-1.jpg

Latest posts