MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heebee_GB said:
Loving your work Paul. You're doing everything I need to do! Need to get my arse into gear!

Keep on getting a told off for polishing the trim in the kitchen though!!
To cold in the man cave tonight!!

Cheers mate. :D

myvanway 69 said:
Heebee_GB said:
Loving your work Paul. You're doing everything I need to do! Need to get my arse into gear!

Ever been busted washing engine tinware in the kitchen sink? Or even worse painting it in the bedroom. :shock: Tell the little lady to chill. Making some good progress mate. :D

aspro said:
myvanway 69 said:
Heebee_GB said:

Ever been busted washing engine tinware in the kitchen sink? Or even worse painting it in the bedroom. :shock: Tell the little lady to chill. Making some good progress mate. :D

myvanway 69 said:
myvanway 69 said:
loosing interest in polishing the belt trim so dun a bit of research to find something to speed up the process.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A7x9QX_f0AJRuk8A5sdLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE1MGRnOXJpBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2lyZAR2dGlkA1VLMDY1MF82NTA-/SIG=120oaostn/EXP=1359167839/**http%3a//secondchancegarage.com/public/665.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

20130125_183010.jpg

20130125_182936.jpg

Such a fantastic finish when buffed but freaking hard work!!!!

20130125_183024.jpg

20130125_183043.jpg

Sodium Hydroxide is the kitty... apparently?!
Going to give this a go.... Whatch this space :?: :!:

Yes.... :mrgreen: it works a treat!!
20130125_215232.jpg

20130125_193205.jpg

20130125_212833.jpg

20130125_222511.jpg

20130125_212858.jpg

It strips it back to bare aluminium, wet & dry and then polish.
Much quicker this way.... 'Top Tip' ;)

Sweet :mrgreen: did you have to leave it on for long Paul to strip it back to aluminium ? I started on a piece of mine last year with wet and dry and it took hours to strip it back before I polished up :D

Hi Shaun,

I made a tray to lay the pieces in and done a test on the two small pieces that sit on the front door pillars to make sure I got it
strong enough, left it for about 30min then took it out and rubbed it down with a scouring pad and left it for another 30 min.

Bearing in mind i had already wet and dried most of it first you might want to leave it longer & make it stronger.
you will know when its off coz it returns to its normal untreated state (White with lots of light scratches.) You will know.

But its knocked 3/4 off the time id guess!! :D

Give it ago and let me know how you get on Shaun.

Whistler said:
I love this bus, if ours turns out even half as decent I will be happy!!!

Thankyou! And I'm sure if you as are obsessed and crazy as I am it will!! (Sado...my misses call's me!!) :lol:

But a boy needs a toy! :D

Cheers.
Paul.

Credit where credit's due but how the f*%k do you get the time to do this work? My missus gives me the 'dagger stare' if I even mention the bus, but at the same time complains and asks when will it be ready.

Des

5erge said:
Credit where credit's due but how the f*%k do you get the time to do this work? My missus gives me the 'dagger stare' if I even mention the bus, but at the same time complains and asks when will it be ready.

Des

Its hard when you have a family, but my little one loves it too..and the misses duz really, were all VW enthusiasts and thats how me and the misses met ....
15 years ago!! :shock: We all put in on Myvanway as a joint effort, which is why its not quite how id have it!! (Slammed & Narrowed...Ya know....compromise!!)
Its a family Bus that we all enjoy and allow our creative sides to come out on it, Not to everyone taste, but it is ours & we 'Love it' 8) 8) 8)

Cheers Des.

Paul. :D

5erge said:

Des

I recognise that situation!! I need to start my westy window refurb. I too started that last year and couldn't believe how long it was taking.

myvanway 69 said:
Its hard when you have a family, but my little one loves it too..and the misses duz really, were all VW enthusiasts and thats how me and the misses met ....
15 years ago!! :shock: We all put in on Myvanway as a joint effort, which is why its not quite how id have it!! (Slammed & Narrowed...Ya know....compromise!!)
Its a family Bus that we all enjoy and allow our creative sides to come out on it, Not to everyone taste, but it is ours & we 'Love it' 8) 8) 8)

Cheers Des.

Paul. :D

i love what your doing and i know exactly what you mean about a joint effort with the bus :mrgreen:

myvanway 69 said:
Hi Shaun,

I made a tray to lay the pieces in and done a test on the two small pieces that sit on the front door pillars to make sure I got it
strong enough, left it for about 30min then took it out and rubbed it down with a scouring pad and left it for another 30 min.

Bearing in mind i had already wet and dried most of it first you might want to leave it longer & make it stronger.
you will know when its off coz it returns to its normal untreated state (White with lots of light scratches.) You will know.

But its knocked 3/4 off the time id guess!! :D

Sound will give that a go :D 8)
Give it ago and let me know how you get on Shaun.

myvanway 69 said:
(Sado...my misses call's me!!) :lol:

But a boy needs a toy! :D

Cheers.
Paul.

That made me laugh Paul. That's what my misses calls me too. :lol: If only they understood us. :lol: :lol:

Sits there watching a load of has beens and wot if's 'Dancing on ice' and sitting in a house doing F$ck all + 2 Americans (That made the show) :msn4: .........and calls me sad!!??

Cheeky cow!!! :lol:

myvanway 69 said:
Sits there watching a load of has beens and wot if's 'Dancing on ice' and sitting in a house doing F$ck all + 2 Americans (That made the show) :msn4: .........and calls me sad!!??

Cheeky cow!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Are you sure we're not married to the same person. :msn4:

Latest posts