MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rallye dale said:
Looks good ;) im doing my westy windows now :roll:

Stick with it and dont rush. 8)
If you follow the stages the result is fantastic... Just got to figure out how to keep it looking like a mirror?!
Dont really want to lacquer them but bollocks to doing it again!!!!! :lol:

20130127_164432.jpg

Just the long side lengths to go.....

Not sure how to keep it looking like this? Wax or lacquer?

myvanway 69 said:
20130127_164432.jpg

Just the long side lengths to go.....

Not sure how to keep it looking like this? Wax or lacquer?
Best way to keep it looking that good? Wrap it up and put it in the loft! :lol:

In all seriousness what is the best product to keep chrome shiny?

Cant recommend this stuff enough!
http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Belgom.html
Belgom Aluminium and metal polish.
It polishes and protects. I use it on my polished alloy wheels on my VW passat, and it keeps them protected from the dreaded brake dust and salt etc.
It takes some applying ie. elbow grease required! but it lasts quite well once applied.

A tip for anyone thinking about hand fully polishing deluxe belt trim..... get a life!!! :lol:

This weekend im hoping to get the propex heat source in and the belt trim on too...
20130201_210630.jpg

20130201_210509.jpg

Armed with Dirtyharrys measurements and a few pics from Creationblue, im gunner have a go..... :roll:

The only measurement I used was the wing mirror as it is the only part to go from. Using masking tape I took a line from the centre of the mirror arm. The only hard bit is the rear corners, it is better to do this by eye ( get someone else to hold). Also most clips don't need to be mm perfect, on old trim maybe better to be off by a few mm so you get fresh trim. appart from the door pillar obviously.
2 hours of slightly shaky hands did it for me.

faux said:
The only measurement I used was the wing mirror as it is the only part to go from. Using masking tape I took a line from the centre of the mirror arm. The only hard bit is the rear corners, it is better to do this by eye ( get someone else to hold). Also most clips don't need to be mm perfect, on old trim maybe better to be off by a few mm so you get fresh trim. appart from the door pillar obviously.
2 hours of slightly shaky hands did it for me.

Cheers for the tip Jon, kinda feeling uneasy bout drilling the pilot holes...dont be surprised if I end up getting the 'Stixall' out!!!!

You shouldn't have done such a good job Paul, this other half will have you doing the oven now!! :lol: :|

the-irv said:
how's it going...........the suspense is killing me :mrgreen:

Sorry to let you down..

Not a good day today!! woke up feeling like crap, necked some flu capsules and tried to get my head on....
but failed.
just fitted exhaust and inlet pipes.
Moved 12v outlet onto distribution panel, removed westy door.
offered up belt trim.

...off to bed now with a lemsip!!! :(

20130202_141014.jpg

20130202_141050.jpg

20130202_154843.jpg

20130202_130835.jpg

20130202_130823.jpg

20130202_161423.jpg

Looking good Paul! We like shiny shiny!! :grin:

Is them there our buddyboxes I see stacked like a misplaced rubik cube?! :lol:

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!