MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF Paul? Stick it on and be done with it. Deluxe trim on a westy looks awesome.

You having a rough weekend?

After fitting your propex will you get it checked and approved? I read that if you have market heating fitted without a certificate and it starts a fire your insurance will be void?

Bigbear said:
After fitting your propex will you get it checked and approved? I read that if you fit an after market heating fitted without a certificate and it starts a fire your insurance will be void?

We have gas safe registered guys at work, I can mention it to them. (Good point though.)

aspro said:
WTF Paul? Stick it on and be done with it. Deluxe trim on a westy looks awesome.

You having a rough weekend?

Kinda... :roll:

I cant bring myself to drill the bodywork.
Ive run out of 'Van funds', deluxe rear trims are pricy... something's gotta give.

I do like less is more look too.

untitled-1.jpg

untitled-11.jpg

I need mental help on this, I was so up for it till yesterday too!!

100_2103.jpg

100_2102.jpg

I duno now?! :roll:

I see what you mean. That torvette is my fav bus on here at the moment. Although Clems westy does look pretty special with the deluxe trim.

Have you done a trial fitting with some masking tape and stood back to get a good look at it? Even this can be confusing as anything different can look odd or out of place untill you get use to it. Tough call mate. :?

aspro said:
I see what you mean. That torvette is my fav bus on here at the moment. Although Clems westy does look pretty special with the deluxe trim.

Have you done a trial fitting with some masking tape and stood back to get a good look at it?

Yes, and to me it looked bizzy ya know?!?
If it was low and lairey it would look knob on I think.
Guess I want the best of both, Might bring it to ninove with my drill and discuss over a few beers...see wot happens?!?! :shock: :lol:

Mmm wonky!!

20130113_142722.jpg

20130202_130835.jpg

Lee C said:
You giving up on the idea of side trim altogether then??
Shame after you put all that effort in!!

I think I need to sell them to get the Rear deluxe bumper trims.
Not sure how much to ask for them, When i figure that out ill put em up here first.

Paul, bite the bullit and get that trim on you will regret it after all that work polishing them.
Drilling and installing them took me 3 to 4 hours, so get your ass moving, that's an order!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dirty Harry said:
Paul, bite the bullit and get that trim on you will regret it after all that work polishing them.
Drilling and installing them took me 3 to 4 hours, so get your ass moving, that's an order!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lol:

Ok..Ok.. I'll fit em!! :oops:
I was loosing my nerve..
Thanks Guys. :D

& Big thanks to the-irv. ;)

Hi!

If it's the hole drilling, and i would be too, surely a Sikaflex adhesive (512) or similar bonding agent would fix them on?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Sikaflex+adhesive+(512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)&oq=Sikaflex+adhesive+(512)&aqs=chrome.0.57&sugexp=chrome,mod=19&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

They use this to bond solar panels onto motorhome roofs:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-136822-solar-panel-fitting.html&sid=28cb968926d0f1ac56a25b43d873767e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So would guess it would hold some trim on no problem, probably a few dabs on each trim?

Any use?

Cheers!

Alistair

Now you know why I sold you the trim dude - I looked and looked at my bus with it on-off-on-off and then the thought of drilling into it (I should have done it before painting it!). I'm glad now that I didn't do it but after all the hard work you've put into them, I'd be tempted to get the drill out lol ........

aogrady said:
Hi!

If it's the hole drilling, and i would be too, surely a Sikaflex adhesive (512) or similar bonding agent would fix them on?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Sikaflex+adhesive+(512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)&oq=Sikaflex+adhesive+(512)&aqs=chrome.0.57&sugexp=chrome,mod=19&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

They use this to bond solar panels onto motorhome roofs:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-136822-solar-panel-fitting.html&sid=28cb968926d0f1ac56a25b43d873767e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So would guess it would hold some trim on no problem, probably a few dabs on each trim?

Any use?

Cheers!

Alistair

Cheers for the help Alistair, I had thought about it, got some mega stuff it work, same as 512.
I have all the clips and measurements, i am just being a right pussy of late!!, burnt out from doing all them boxes I think!!
After all the encouragement i will do it for sure this weekend.

Latest posts