MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StuF said:
In my last month now! Cant wait to get back to blighty and have some bus time

Hey Stu,

Great to hear from you.
Bet you can't wait!! ;)
Looking forward to seeing your updates & hope to catch up at a show this year ABW. 8)

P.S What clutch did you go for out of interest?

Hi Paul,

I ordered all my stuff from Machine 7 although at the time Adam (67Westy) mentioned there was a less expensive alternative,

Machine 7 was doing a package -

Website Bundle, Clutch Kit with Bolts & Tool, 200mm, 1500-1600cc, for -70 £99.50

Adam recommended

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/buy/VOLKSWAGEN/BEETLE/1.5/1966/__/33/transmission/luk-clutch-kits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above link is £67 and ignore the beetle stuff - its listed incorrectly

Easy to replace the whole lot - atleast you know its all fresh!

And a pic of me larking about at work!

StuF said:
Hi Paul,

I ordered all my stuff from Machine 7 although at the time Adam (67Westy) mentioned there was a less expensive alternative,

Machine 7 was doing a package -

Website Bundle, Clutch Kit with Bolts & Tool, 200mm, 1500-1600cc, for -70 £99.50

Adam recommended

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/buy/VOLKSWAGEN/BEETLE/1.5/1966/__/33/transmission/luk-clutch-kits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above link is £67 and ignore the beetle stuff - its listed incorrectly

Easy to replace the whole lot - atleast you know its all fresh!

And a pic of me larking about at work!

Nice tour tash Stu 8)

Looks like one of the top gear boys on tonights episode . LOL ,

Paul are you leaving any play in the clutch cable ? It should have about an inch of play in it, stop she clutch release bearing screaming ?

Hope go in your world.your bus Van looks top , loving what you doing to it.

Recently had my clutch replaced, got mine from the afore mentioned link which 67westy gave out. No problems as yet.

Im having carb issues also......starts first time every time, and ticks over ok. ...it just has a terrible flat spot every time you initially try to accelerate, like off a roundabout or take off from traffic lights. I End up pumping the throttle to make it accelerate. After that its fine! Does my head in tho! Always fancied twin carbs....better fuel economy too I've been told?

Stu loving the tache dude!! Tho I got a feeling that will be coming off once you return to the missus, lol.

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Myvanway said:
While spare wheel was out I had an idea :!:
Im going to make a matching infill to go in the wheel space is to create more sleeping space.[/b]

Well I measured it!!..... "Tracy"!!

Nice work Paul,

I also have made some extra sleeping space ;)
No spare wheel though, a compressor and a some tire weld solved that :D

Got the week off work to get some more work done on the lean too for the van....
Poles arrived today, Joists tomorrow... Pissing it down.... Lost Interest!!!!!!!
Fookin weather!!!!!
:evil:

So on with the Westy spare wheel infill cushion....

All pattens cut out alowing 15mm around the outside for stitching.

Left a larger tab at one end to fix poppers or a zip.
8)

Tracy.......

:mrgreen:

She still hasn't done our front cab curtains! :roll: ..... Cant get the staff!!!!!! 8)

So frustrating when you just want to get on and the weather is against you :evil:

Looks like you have a week to learn to sew ;) if your allowed on the sewing machine :msn4:

.... Still raining... still can't get on....
How hard can it be to work a sewing machine?? :idea:

For personal reason until Tracy gets home I can't show you the inside!? :roll:

TADA...... 8)

Bobbin thing ran out and I duno how to replace it?!?!?!
Sent the missus a picture of my creation! now awaiting a response....... 8) :lol:

Stopped raining after lunch......

Got 2 poles in, Ground was quite soft and easy to dig!!!! :lol:

Then i saw these little lovelies poking through the gravel...

...Cant rain all the time! 8)
Happy days. ;)

Latest posts