MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myvanway said:
Bigbear said:
Do you mind if I ask how you mounted your front plate and frame? I want to fit mine central to the bumper but the holes in the frame/surround would make it sit low, did you use a bracket of some sort?

think its the original U.S bracket... or some of it!
Its like an L shape and pop riveted to the underside of the bumper... easy enough to make.
I'll get a pic next time I'm at the garage.

Cheers Paul. :D

Bigbear said:
Myvanway said:
Bigbear said:
Do you mind if I ask how you mounted your front plate and frame? I want to fit mine central to the bumper but the holes in the frame/surround would make it sit low, did you use a bracket of some sort?

Its like an L shape and pop riveted to the underside of the bumper... easy enough to make.

Cheers Paul. :D

No worries, thought won't be till weekend, so keep on asking Brett.. :)

Myvanway said:

Cheers Paul. :D[/quote]

No worries, thought won't be till weekend, so keep on asking Brett.. :)[/quote]

Hi Brett,
Haven't had chance to get round to the van.... but I have noticed on thesamba.com that Vintage Speed sell em?!
Looks easy enough to fabricate.
Hope this Helps.

http://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=24&Itemid=&vmcchk=1&Itemid=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toaster is on a trial run tomoz! maybe worth putting up toastie ideas... Mmm!
Looks great, but could do with being a tad bigger to make the most out of a loaf.. will see!

Also the V.S Exhaust is a little droaning on long journeys great if the engine is as Powerfull as it sounds... but mine aint!! :oops:
So looking at Dynamating the engine bay roof to quiet down engine/zorst noise a bit.... well until I get my 2.3 badboy engine!?!? :rocknroll: :roll: :lol:

Not sure if it will peel off under heat?? Hope not!!

68_early_bay said:
Could you not dynamat on top of the engine bay roof under the cushion for the same results Paul? Saves the risk of it falling off ? :D

Im looking at a gauze style material to go over it to then sit under the fixing clip thing's'!!
I'll see what I can find... or make at work.... in my lunch break of course! ;)

3 point safety belt bracket turned up today (Thanks Rippers)....
Not sure where it goes or what else I need to fit it so if anyone else has this set up.... please help me!

Cheers.
Paul.
:)

Think it yes like this......
IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

I think!!

Just unsure what belt set up I need now??

Haha, I saw this and wondered how the feck that would work :?
All makes sense now!
Is your 2.3 monster engine install happening this year Paul??

Foz said:

... Ha,ha... not in this lifetime mate.
Just dreaming Foz!

If I could upgrade with all things considered, I would go for a well balanced 1776... 80 -100bhp would do me, with discs up front to stop better.... & and a new set of Koni adjustable shocks and some new tyres would do me.

8)

Myvanway said:
Foz said:

... Ha,ha... not in this lifetime mate.
Just dreaming Foz!

If I could upgrade with all things considered, I would go for a well balanced 1776... 80 -100bhp would do me, with discs up front to stop better.... & and a new set of Koni adjustable shocks and some new tyres would do me.

8)

This is the route I'm on, I'd love an all out power monster but I'd be scared it would need rebuilding every 5000 miles :? But saying that I bet in a couple of years I'll be getting mine stroked :lol: disc brakes are deffinately my next upgrade :)

I'll settle for a new clutch and brake rebuild for this season, as the clutch bearing is shot and I'm losing brake fluid some where.
Brought new break lines last year from Hertage but only fitted the one that failed the MOT so I could use it the following weekend.
still need to replace the other 3 and find out where I'm losing the fluid so may as well give the brakes a good overhaul.

Myvanway said:
I'll settle for a new clutch and brake rebuild for this season, as the clutch bearing is shot and I'm losing brake fluid some where.
Brought new break lines last year from Hertage but only fitted the one that failed the MOT so I could use it the following weekend.
still need to replace the other 3 and find out where I'm losing the fluid so may as well give the brakes a good overhaul.

:D

Need a new Carb too as the Bocar one I have is a pile of shit and needs tuning every time I take it out!!! :evil:
Not sure which one would be best as I get confused with the different makes and sizes! :roll:
Manifold is about shot too (Rotten)......... List has grown a bit since the start of this conversation hasn't it?! :shock:

So I think engine out, replace clutch myself ( Dad!? :roll: ) but as for manifold and carb I think I will get RRR to fit and set it up.
Hard trying to find the time though!?

Need to build/Finish off the man Cave!! (Another thing I need to do!) :lol:

Right, Im off to play Tents... In the living room! 8)

Paul if you have the engine out you may aswell fit the manifold as it's harder with the engine in.
If you are staying stock then I would look around on the Samba as there is a chap on there who reconditions solex carbs fitting new spindle bushes etc and then sells them

Myvanway said:
Need a new Carb too as the Bocar one I have is a pile of shit and needs tuning every time I take it out!!! :evil:
Not sure which one would be best as I get confused with the different makes and sizes! :roll:
Manifold is about shot too (Rotten)......... List has grown a bit since the start of this conversation hasn't it?! :shock:

So I think engine out, replace clutch myself ( Dad!? :roll: ) but as for manifold and carb I think I will get RRR to fit and set it up.
Hard trying to find the time though!?

Need to build/Finish off the man Cave!! (Another thing I need to do!) :lol:

Right, Im off to play Tents... In the living room! 8)

Hi,

My carb was not too bad, it was a repro one...but my manifold was rotten too, thought balls to it and fitted new Weber 34 ICT's etc Need to fine tune the timing and mixture though, but always starts well, hot or cold.

Alistair

Myvanway said:
. List has grown a bit since the start of this conversation hasn't it?! :shock: )

Don't they always :lol:

I started last year planning on just doing the front doglegs this winter, boy was I wrong :lol:

If your stopping with a single carb, I hear good things from Pete @ cogbox a few lads say he does quality rebuilds on the original solexs 8)

But if you're thinking of going twin, original weber or dels is better than any off the Chinese crap out there :?

How is the man cave coming along? Pics?

Enjoy the tent playing not be long til you're making bottles at 3am :lol:

Shaun

So today was a Lush sunny day so went for a cruise & Play.

Had a look how the belt set goes...

Plastic screw removed.

(Need to order a M10 1.25 fine thread bolt...)

While spare wheel was out I had an idea :!:
Im going to make a matching infill to go in the wheel space is to create more sleeping space.

Well I measured it!!..... "Tracy"!!

Looking good mate - if you need any advice replacing the clutch release bearing I could help!
Been through 3 in the last 18 months! So know how to swap them out fairly quickly

In my last month now! Cant wait to get back to blighty and have some bus time

Latest posts