Narrowed beam & dropped spindles?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewada

Reaction score
HI i need some advice i want to get an adjustable narrowed beam for my 71 bay, ideally a weedeater. can i also fit 2.5 inch dropped spindles with this with out any problems, i dont really want to go down the link pin route as this too expensive.
thanks

sounds like the way to go mate. i too have a 71 and this in the way im going to go with creative rear adjustable plates too. bout a grand all in without even begining on brakes etc

Just my humble opinion here as a K&L advocate... you could probably K&l yourself up for £850 - £900 all in, including drum brakes and backing plates. That would give you 3.5" dropped spindles and a beam that would go down 5" to 6" and narrowed by 4" and the ride will be sweet.

On the bj side... a weedeater narrowed and with adjusters 5" to 6" is going to be £400 and dropped spindles 2.5" will be £400... so for an extra £100 you get the bonus of better ride.

Just my two pennies though dude :D

thanks for your input i thought K & L would have been more expensive than that, but i have probably been misguided.

chewada said:
thanks for your input i thought K & L would have been more expensive than that, but i have probably been misguided.

In general you are looking at between £800 -£1000... if you can weld well you can probably do your own beam and all in your looking at £600.

I'm just going doing this at the moment so watch this space - if I am cursing about it in a month you'll know not to bother :lol:

PM me if you want any info but I will be posting pics as I go :)

Weedeater is the way to go imo a quality made product :wink: you can go super low on it aswell :wink: I have one thats gonna be fitted next week so will post sme pics when done :wink:

Latest posts