narrowing rear end!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat duk

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a narrowed rear end to suit dfferent of-set wheels! i know it has been done to beetles for drag car rear wheels, but has it been done to a bus

I know its been done on split screens and its a pretty intense job so u gotta be certain its what u want

Thats a bit clearer now i have read ego's thread, cheers sparkywig :mrgreen: It looks alot better narrowed than standard!

I also looked into this recently. Wanted to run 6.5" wheels with a offset of ET -35 when stock is close to ET +40. :shock: Taking into account the wider wheel and difference in offset that was around 3-4" on each side I had to narrow. Would have looked great but what a fuss just for a set of wheels.

Bottom line. Looks like a right ball ache. Some serious mods which are irreversible.

3-4" is pretty severe! i was looking at making my 5.5" sa sprints fit better by narrowing about 20mm each side or get a pair of 4.5" for the rear might be easier!

There is a Panel van at the moment that hopefully should be done and back out next year that has just had 5" removed and the rear chassis cut away and reconstructed, like they do in the mini truck world, should look ace when done. Will be retaining the Torsion bar rear end too :mrgreen:

Have a look on VWrepublic i think there's a piece on doing a splitty will give you an idea of what's involved

Steve

I could do with this modification too.
The bucket seats in my 205 RG cab are a bit snug.

Latest posts