new engine excitement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
finally I'm getting my van back tonight, with it's new engine, a spanking 1776 with twins and hi lift cam :D

I really can't wait

and best of all, i get to run it in over the weekend driving to and from malvern for a festival :D

just as well it came back in time or the missues would have killed me, leaving us with nowhere to sleep at a festy wouldn't have been good, especially since the blown engine killed our holiday to france just outside grantham...

nice one baron - let see some pics when you get it back.

Going to see John at BP on Saturday hopefully about some work

MMMC said:
Going to see John at BP on Saturday hopefully about some work

just been speaking to him on the phone, he sounds as excited about the engine as I am :D

or maybe he's excited at getting space back in the garage that my van has been sat in for the past month :wink:

he's a good bloke, I'm glad i found him :D

and here's a tiny pic - look it all matches, how cool is that?!
engine.jpg

looking good.....your gonna drive around all night tonight!

nice one fella! let us know how it goes 8)

Nice to be running in instead of running out , I was recommended to do a quick oil change after the 1`st 500 miles . :wink:

come on Baron - how was it?? Did you need a cigarette after?

MMMC said:
come on Baron - how was it?? Did you need a cigarette after?

I needed to smoke something a damn sight more calming than a cigarette ; )

I never got it back, it over heated on a mway test just before he brought it back, more cash, more hassle and worse still I had to camp! in! a! tent! this weekend at the big chill : (

another festie lined up for this weekend, and no way to get there and no-where to sleep : (

it will all be worth it in the end,.... won't it?!

I met John for the first time on Saturday and he was telling me your engine woes...I thought 'if I was in baron's shoe's I'd be well pissed off'...but its good he hasn't just palmed you off with something dodgy.

I'm sure he'll sort it out. He took one look at my engine and said it was running too hot - he's not a big fan of dual carbs though. Mines going into him in a couple of weeks for a windscreen refit and a tune up.

Whats the estimated return date now?

MMMC said:
I met John for the first time on Saturday and he was telling me your engine woes...I thought 'if I was in baron's shoe's I'd be well pissed off'...but its good he hasn't just palmed you off with something dodgy.

I'm sure he'll sort it out. He took one look at my engine and said it was running too hot - he's not a big fan of dual carbs though. Mines going into him in a couple of weeks for a windscreen refit and a tune up.

Whats the estimated return date now?

yeah, i thought you'd have heard by now!

it was the missus I was most worried about, the stress had been the hardest bit. and the uncertainty, if i didn't have stuff to do in the van either that would be better, but such is life

and this is no reflection on john, I'd rather he did it right. and yeah, he's defiantely not a twin carb/phat engine fan now ;)

Latest posts