New indicator switch wanted 1969

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazy

Reaction score
Hi guys , switch on my 68/69 is faulty and I was looking for a nos or a new one

Where is the best quality one available from

thanks G

We stock one,

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/bay-bus/211953513J/indicator-switch-including-housing-8-67-7-72/?crumbStartPage=3&crumbStartRow=41" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its the best one I have managed to source so far, but an original is far better and can be rebuilt if you can find the right person and would be far superior.

Do you happen to know someone to rebuild them Alex as a friend of mine needs his doing?

Not that does them anymore, Anyone that is competent in Electrics and also a bit handy should be able to do it, most of the time they need a good clean, some joint re soldered, sometimes you may find then actually broken but its worth a try.

Thanks for the honest feedback Alex

Has anyone stripped one or know of a good OG one for sale

There's a few threads on here were people have repaired theirs, e.g. :

StuF said:
Mine did the same - it was very stiff and locked up on occasion
I removed the two small screws that hold the indicator unit to the steering column and popped the unit off - although I kept it wired up.

It was full of clag and old muck - bit of wd40 and gentle cleaning with a small bladed screwdriver and some exercising and it has been good as new since!

Maybe give that a try? :D

What's the problem with it dude? I stripped mine, cleaned it and re-soldered two joints and it now works perfectly. Sometimes it wouldn't indicate at all and sometimes it smoked :shock: :lol:

Its ok now i removed it from the van brought it home and cleaned it with electrical switch cleaner back on now and working but cannot get it tight on the column now !!!

Think I need the black collar now !!

Latest posts