• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Products from Midland Early Bay - Expression of interest

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Graham,

Would be interested in the Rear Seat Belt Mounts :D

For future, the Beetle Gearbox into a Bay kit sounds good, but not this year ;)

Would you consider selling say just the gearbox front bracket? I have the other parts already but I could be persuaded to take a bracket...

Slammed said:
Would you consider selling say just the gearbox front bracket? I have the other parts already but I could be persuaded to take a bracket...

exactly the same question from me.
i'd need the bracket and a new cable but already have a shift rod extension and bowden tube extension.

cheers

really interested in the seat belt mounts - would be fitted to a panel van conversion.

looking to fit something for a my daughters kiddie seat within the next 6 weeks..... any idea when these will be ready or photos??

Would be interested in the rear seat belt mounts if they can go in with a danbury rear seat:

Damper Package 1

Damper Package 2
Tim S
67 Westy

Rear Seat Belt Mounts
Bundy (Al)
Juan
Tale Life Easy
Cotswoldiver (David)
Lard
Mr Brightside
5erge
Bennythew
Nugsy

Beetle Gearbox into a Bay kit
Nick-Rackham

For my cash moolas.....

Damper 1 sounds a lot to spend on some sixty quid shocks but damper 2 could be interesting if I haven't sorted something else first.

Coat hangers are definitely a winner if they look tidy and won't interfere with the bed.

Gearbox...... looking into this but not sure what I'm getting for that. Maybe photos would help?!?

away for a couple of days but will respond to all points asap, thanks for the interest so far

May be interested in the gearbox kit.
Want to know what else is required for conversion, ie is it just add a a gearbox?
I want a longer 4th so what box should I get to go with my soon to be tweaked 1600.
What work is necessary? Is it bolt in or is welding required too?

I would be very interested in the gear box kit.
By the way ive only met Graham once but from what ive heard and seen Midland early bay arent just interested in making a quick buck!

Hi,

Are you offering any coat hangers for the wardrobe side on a westy? I'll add my name to interested list....

Rear Seat Belt Mounts
Bundy (Al)
Juan
Tale Life Easy
Cotswoldiver (David)
Lard
Mr Brightside
5erge
Bennythew
Nugsy
aogrady

Cheers!

Alistair

Ok I'll try and answer as many of the questions asked on the thread as possible, if I haven't answered your specific question then please say so.

Damper Package 1, These are designed for people who have already invested in the bugpack shocks but don't like the way it raises the bus back up and gives a more compliant ride than the bugpack ones and makes your bus sit lower but doesn't bottom out, still utilises the adjuster on the damper but adds a top and bottom collar and a new competition spring that can be offered in various grades of stiffness. I'm currently using the 125lb spring and it rides really well but higher spring rates are available.

Damper Package 2. This is a completely new shock from Gaz Dampers in the UK, is fully adjustable on the damping with a click adjuster as well as having a adjustable spring plate platform as well so you can adjust both to get a the best ride that suits you, will need a bit of input from users to find their right setting but can guide people in the best settings we have found. In order to make these happen I need to have orders for 10 units (5 sets) and we are looking at approx 6 weeks lead time on these. Unfortunately due to the high cost of these and the fact they are purchased as complete units to my spec its not something I can hold stock of so these will be ordering in batches based on interest.

Rear Seat Belt Mounts, no pictures just yet but the fabricator owns a bay and wants them for his own bus so they will look good thats all I can say on that, design being finalised as we speak. I'm slightly confused why some rear beds are fouling the existing mounts so any pictures (Larry) of this will help us improve the design before we go into production. We are prepared to look at the westy wardrobe mount as an additional fabrication but this will involve drilling the westy wardrobe in 2 places to take seat belt bolts, thats the only way it can be done. Hoping to get these into production soon.

Beetle Gearbox Mount, the idea behind these are they give more relaxed cruising and nothing else, lots of units have been fitted and some well known buses on the forum run beetle boxes. It is a DIY job to fit and only involves bolting bits together with no welding involved. The bracket allows the beetle box to fit the Early Bay Gbox mount, the gearbox rod extension makes the existing linkage fit the beetle box (needs drilling to fit clamp bolt), and the other piece extends the clutch cable its as simple as that.
Yes I'm prepared to sell the mount as a seperate item on its own, likely to be £125 or there abouts.

As I said any questions I haven't answered please let me know,

Graham,

Looks like there may be enough interest in the damper package 2 to get the 5 sets. How soon could you order these in once people have confirmed? Looks like myself and a couple of others are keen to get these ASAP.

Adam

OK some bad news I'm afraid

Had some news from the fabricator this morning that unless we get the rear seat belt anchorages safety tested then they are not prepared to manufacture them as if theres an issue then it will come back to them. Sorry about this I thought we has finally cracked it but it appears in these days of everyone wanting to screw everyone else no one is prepared to take the risk.

If anyone knows of a test rig where we could get these tested then we can get a set made for testing but I presume the cost of doing so will prevent this happening if not then its a no go I'm afraid, sorry to disappoint.

Graham L said:
OK some bad news I'm afraid

Had some news from the fabricator this morning that unless we get the rear seat belt anchorages safety tested then they are not prepared to manufacture them as if theres an issue then it will come back to them. Sorry about this I thought we has finally cracked it but it appears in these days of everyone wanting to screw everyone else no one is prepared to take the risk.

If anyone knows of a test rig where we could get these tested then we can get a set made for testing but I presume the cost of doing so will prevent this happening if not then its a no go I'm afraid, sorry to disappoint.

Bollocks :cry:

Can't help with your request I'm afraid :(

Latest posts