New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the " other " club as well.
I'm also a member of the muppet club according to some. :lol: :lol:
Takes a fair amount of skill to get into the club, although the hardest part is staying a member, for some.
Enjoy the forum it's great and informative. :D

J & P
:D :D :D

So bit of an update...for a van I've not even got on my drive yet...

She does have discs at the front
She has a dual port engine
Recent replacement front beam
"Something" done to the engine to give it a bit more oooomph (twin carbs maybe?)

Seems to be correct 71 model year spec. Think I've lucked in a little here.

Just wanted to say hello and post a picture of my "new" old 1972 westy! I would love to see what everyone else has too!
apemypys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I recently acquired a 1972 RHD Crossover, with original Devon conversion. I spent the last 10 months working on it with the help of my Dad, and there's still a long way to go, but it is on the road at least! :)

First van I've ever owned and absolutely loving it! Will be posting up a thread in the gallery and I'll add an image to this post as soon as I can.

Cheers, Matt

Hi there to Lee and Matt and J Anderson, nice to see some arty farty pics as well :shock: Gotta say it looks quite impressive with them wiggly bits in the pic, and lee, we guessed you had the disco thing going on with a 71 and we call it showing off when you got brakes that actually work :lol: And getting the damn thing on the road is just sooooooooo much more important Matt than having a pristine bus in my opinion and that`s exactly how i roll with mine. Mine don`t look like brand new but it does cover some miles and we camp out a lot and we go to the best shows and we get to do the whole thing :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND that`s what it`s all about guys ;) :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen: ;)

Hello, I'm new here.
I'm in the NW and currently looking to buy a bay (my first) early or late I'm not too fussed although give me those low lights and you'll watch a woman swoon.

At the moment I'm shopping around for something with a decent camping interior to use 2-3 weekends a month during the summer and for at least 2 full weeks of camping per year.
Ideally RHD but LHD wouldn't put me off.
I'm looking to get something which is ready to roll but know all of them need work at some point of which I'm willing to spend time learning, reading and listening.

Thanks for reading.

Hi there Suki St James, Have yourself a big welcome to the forum and muck in where you can. I think you got the right idea with the low lights as I still swoon myself, that and those gorgeous curves on those half moon vents and the diddy little rear lights, it does make a quite attractive package I must say :mrgreen: When you come across something you think you like, get as many pics as possible and pop them up on here and some of us may even know the bus in question or at least we could pick over the bones of it. Unrestored is generally the best option as you can usually see exactly what you are getting and the UK busses in decent shape are few and far between now :(

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,Sorry for the delayed answer, but it is that time of the year when we use them most :mrgreen:

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, I got myself a 72 bay window around Easter time and plan to do it up and get it road worthy again. I will post photos as I get them :) nice to meet you all

Hello Henpie - there are many on here currently doing the same (including me). My advice is to use the "search" facility to check on topics you have questions about. Chances are it has been discussed at length before - I have found loads of great info/guidance using it.

Best of luck with your restoration!

Hi everyone. I am almost totally new to buses aside from riding in a few and taking on a doka restoration.

I just picked up a 1970 montana red westy campmobile. I think i may be the 3rd or 4th owner. Nearly 100% rust fee just a few spots under the windshield. Lots of paperwork with it and a rebuilt 1776 with dual Kadrons and a rebuilt transaxle. It has a transplanted 1975+ sink and stove/fridge set up. The original jumpseat was deleted and the sink is now in it's place, with the stove/fridge (not icebox) where the sink used to be. Cant wait to get it home to play with it.

Hello,

Just purchased a 72 Danbury it's, I believe, a crossover bay in need of plenty of work. I've had lots off air cooled vehicles in my car past but this is my first bay. It's all my dads fault he seemed to always have a bay of some description but now only has a beetle sat in his garage. I say mine is a crossover because it is a 72 k with early wrap around bumpers but dare I say it it isn't a low light!!! It has the later positioned front indicators. I will be on here seeking help, advice and parts.

Cheers

Hi all at long last got me self early panel van post photos soon she's lowered on weed eater beam drop spindels and adjusters mmm she's low :D
Advice I'm after would radars bolt straight on or would I need adaptors ??????
Oh and need front badge so where would I source a big front badge

Now that`s two brilliant user names :lol: As far as the wheels go on your 72, if it`s stock you`ll need 112 pcd for your stud pattern and you`ll need to check what offsets will suit yours as some won`t :shock: Shouldn`t need spacers or adapters if you get the right wheels for your bus.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Mahoosive welcome to yooos both :mrgreen:

hi all , i have had volkswagens for years but this is my first bay.i was at aircooled 14 with the black 1957 oval beetle & had a great weekend.sadly it is being picked up by it's new owner tomorrow as i have had some great time's & met some great people taking it to show's.just got myself a 72 crossover bay it will need some tlc mainly the front panel replaceing but apart from that is not bad at all.

Hi

bought a T2 j reg devon last October. Been enjoying and using her to commute occasionally. Just failed her mot mostly sorted but trying to track down a rhd steering box. Taken the old pop top canvas off and I'm going stainless steel screws and bolts instead of rivets. Just got the windscreen washer working under pressure for the mot too. Replaced a headlamp.

Anyway hi

gone polo polo mk2 8v golf and cabriolet mk3/4 golf (plus mk1 golf project for a while and now the T2)

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. Good luck with finding a RHD steering box, they is a bit like rocking horse poo. Apparently VW Heritage are now doing a proper recon, try Alex on here as he works for them. The early Devons are a bit well known for that design flaw and the best fix is a glass fibre roof cap over it, check out Steve`s rebuild thread on here, his user name is Hotrod. One of the nicest Devons around now with loads of lovely touches n
Ozziedog

Latest posts