New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new here and just saying hi....Stanford Hall show and now we're hooked so looking....300miles this last wkend so far in search
roll on next wkend...fun but exhausting when you dont find one!!
Suz other half of pmacs

Well finally made it here, thanks to whom ever took care of that.
Just another Sacramento CA dragracer/baywindow guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NEyUgmoQAs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the%20rig.jpg

gotthebug said:
new here and just saying hi....Stanford Hall show and now we're hooked so looking....300miles this last wkend so far in search
roll on next wkend...fun but exhausting when you dont find one!!
Suz other half of pmacs

you should ask some of the traders on here, Scott Wilson or Graham L, they have buses on the way across the pond as we speak

welcome to the club :D

Hello... I just joined the forums.

I bought a 1971 deluxe bay about 4 months ago. Before that I was building a manx clone, but when I saw some lowlights at a few shows, I just had to have one...

I'm in the US (Chicago, IL area) and I found my bus in Arizona, so absolutely no rust through (except for the battery tray). The worst thing about the bus is the wiring. I think I'm gonna have to pull a new harness (better safe than sorry).

I'm looking to lower it and found Red9's new front suspension a very interesting option... however, the shipping would KILL me, being that I'm in the US.

I'm part of a VW club here in the Chicago area... (http://www.harshwintersvw.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). We just hosted our first car show of the summer and you can watch a short video here: http://blog.oldport80.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. That's my rarely used blog site and I did the video... first one I've done... next one will be better :)

I really enjoy these forums, as you folks have contributed a ton of information here that will be helpful to me.

Thanks and I'm glad I joined!

Tim

Hi Tim,

welcome and glad you got registered eventually. The R9 beam looks like the business. With the pound/dollar rate at the moment it might not be as bad as it seems.

Johnny said:
Hi Tim,

welcome and glad you got registered eventually. The R9 beam looks like the business. With the pound/dollar rate at the moment it might not be as bad as it seems.

The actual cost of the kit does not scare me... Shipping something that heavy all the way to the US can't be cheap. I've emailed R9... we'll see.

Thanks for the welcome... and I love this site!

Tim

Hi, Just got our first VW and it had an earlybay sticker in the rear window so thought it rude not to register!

Its a high top panel van with a couple of small windows in the side and a basic/crappy interior.
A friend says it was advertised on here last month, we saw a flea bay ad and knocked the lad down so we paid no where near what he was asking.

The plan is to use it for Glasto and the MotoGp at donnington as its MOT'd until august and then refit/resto over the winter for next spring/summer.

It's been lowered a bit at the front and the ride at low speed isn't great, we got the original wheels so I may refurb these as they will take a higher profile tyre than the carlton wheels she's wearing at the moment.

My photos are too big to add! I'll try and find a way to post some.

seems like a pretty active forum so look forward to chatting with some of you soon

you'll need to register with an image hosting facility like photobucket.com or such...

details in the forum how tos...

yeah the bus was for sale on here, cheeky Q what did you pay for it in the end just it seemed a good price on the face of it

Hi everyone. I've been a westy owner for a handful of days now and I must say, it sure has changed my mood. I was in a cranky stage it seemed. Now I can't wipe the smile off my face. I am completely obsessed with Dexter. The Van Van Van. :mrgreen: Look forward to meeting yous. Happy to be here.

Just joined, been lurking a while :msn4: , great site and helpful folk .what about all the northern meets?

hello guys,

my name is indera from kuala lumpur, malaysia. got one panel kombi 1970 and my daily drive 1970 beetle..

happy to be here.. and glad to know all bus lovers all over world..

DSC_6261.jpg

hi we are new here too ... we have a 1971 devon moonraker in need of lots of tlc and welding, wiring, paint, and lots more trying to get her road worthy for the end of august as holiday already booked .And we are in yeovil somerset looking for a local club to get advise and to get the bus out and have some fun as soon as we can :mrgreen:

Welcome to EB Jenney.......You'll find there quite a lot of EBers in Cider country :lol: any pics of your Devon ?

jenney said:
hi we are new here too ... we have a 1971 devon moonraker in need of lots of tlc and welding, wiring, paint, and lots more trying to get her road worthy for the end of august as holiday already booked .And we are in yeovil somerset looking for a local club to get advise and to get the bus out and have some fun as soon as we can :mrgreen:

Hi and welcome!

Yes indeed, there are a fair us round here in these cider parts! I'm in Gillingham, there are folk in Street, Castle Cary, Taunton, plus Bristol and up that way.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your bus too!

Cheers!

Alistair

Hi Folks,

I just found this site via a link from a google search...I never knew you were here!

I'm part way through a resto on my '72 crossover bay so will be looking for some help here and there. I'm on the Wirral for anyone who might be interested.

I'm not aiming for concourse-quality...just a tidy bus to get around in. It was originally a Danbury conversion but I have some ideas for revamping the interior.

I'll post some pics once I get to grips with the site.

Cheers

Iain

Latest posts