New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi to everyone
new to the sit but not to dubs cracking site and some top vans
got to see a few in the flesh at sandown very nice ladies and gents

currently searching for a new earlybay as i am without one at the moment
here is my old ride
forsale019.jpg

Hi all,

I am new to this site eventhough I have been reading and viewing the forum for some weeks now.
My name is Rick, 29 years old living in the south of the Netherlands.

I have been restoring a Golf Mk1 from 1979 for the last 2 years and eventhough it is not yet finished (at all) I have bought myself an earlybay deluxe from 1969. I decided to spend a little more money and to buy a bus that did not need a full resto since I want a rolling project instead of another vehicle collecting dust in my garage.

I will start a project topic but here is a picture of my solid '69 earlybay and my Golf.

What it used to look like:
Foto-RVOYWBNF-D.jpg

What it looks like now after a respray under the bonnet and with a clean engine:
Foto-76IZBA86-D.jpg

What it should look like in the end:
Foto-UITEEFMO-D.jpg

And now for the bus:
Foto-WRCWNAKG-D.jpg

Foto-XF6FP7VW-D.jpg

Some of the boxes with parts and the Golf in the background put on hold:
Foto-VHZRSIUC-D.jpg

Hi All,

My names Dan - new to this forum, but picked up my Early Bay in April 05 (Eek!). Some may recognise my username from VZi.

Mines a '68 tintop, in white. Stock height and wheels, pushed along by a 1776 and is a custom camper interior. And has been off the road for 18 months :( Got the VW bug back recently, and I'm going to be investing a good few k into getting the van to where it should be. Can't wait to start it this summer!

hi folks welcome to the big show. sorry about the hassles getting regged but we will have that sorted soon.

Hey! Im Neil, im new to this site. Im 24 from Essex and i own an early 72 Devon tintop. I baught it about 4 years ago now to work on as a project and had always wanted one as a kid. Its finally at a stage where its in good working order and looking good now so hope to make it to all the shows this year....although its still an on going project, im am currently working on my interior.

Heres a pic of when i baught it and how it stands now

Hi everyone. This is Belle.(More pics in the gallery) She is 71 South African import. Hope to meet some of you soon!!
Barry Sandy and Adam.. :D :D
DubstheCastle2010040.jpg

Hi there,

I'm also new to the forum and the bus scene. Currently looking for an early bay pop top project...

I've owned a few MK1 Golfs in the past and currently have a MK2 GTI so looking forward to experiencing the delights of the aircooled!!

Kieran

Hey there one and all.

Quick note to say hello (cos it's polite!), just got registered (so only been here two minutes and already owe Johnny a thank you!) so now I can play too :D .

We've got a recently acquired crossover deluxe as the new family bus, although the missus and I have been playing with old veedubs since before is decent to mention (but I can remember when Bug Jam was 'new wave'! ;) ).

Pics soon just got to sort out a picasabucketrrr account first.....!

Hey, I`ve been lurking for awhile but just bought a 68 Roadrunner camper and this looks the place to be. I`ll post pics elsewhere later. I`m 45, live in central California and have had LOTS of VW`s over the past 26 years. If you look at my gallery on The Samba you can see some of them. Anyway, I`ve never owned a Bay before and there was a time when I would say I never would (Let alone a camper) but times change I guess. I do still have a 65 Panel project in the works though....

Hi all!! been lurking for a bit, whilst my new ride turned up.....big news tonight as its now sat on my drive!! :mrgreen:

1970 Bay Westy fresh in from Cali, very original, im very chuffed, big thanks to IANJ!

Il get some proper pics up when i start work in the morning.......ive got 10weeks until Glastonbury!!! ;)

DSCF0577 by Vince Hutchings, on Flickr

Hello to everyone.

We've just acquired a '72 crossover Dormobile. Decent bodywork and (so far) mechanicals, but a complete scruffy hellhole inside.

We've ripped just about everything out, with the exception of the front seats and dash (Perhaps this weekend will see them out)

Already started fitting him out with new interior panels, made by me and upholstered by Mrs Sticky and an R'n'R bed

Currently sat here waiting to be fitted are: (All new)
3 8'x4' sheets of oak veneered MDF for the units
Curtain rails and curtains made by Mrs S
Roof canvas
SMEV 3 burner hob and sink combi
Foam for seat / bed
12v TV / DVD
Leisure battery and wiring
LED mood lighting
Surfboard table
Vinyl wrap for the lower half

Once that lots done it's a case of sourcing some nice front seats and getting him lowered, as he's currently high enough to be able to crawl about underneath with ease!

Any suggestions for seats and lowering would be most welcome, preferably not too far from South Yorks

With a bit of luck he should be ready to go by the end of the month.

Hey everyone,

Just signed up but have been reading through the site for the last few weeks.
I'm from down in New Zealand and have found myself a 1969 Devon Torvette. I have previously had a '66 bus but sold it when I moved over to live in London for a few years.
Hoping to get heaps of advice and ideas from here, as the scene isn't very big/active over this side of the world.

Off to start a build thread then.

Cheers, Daniel.

Hey everyone.

New to the site. New to VW's.

Recently got my paws on a '71 crew cab which I'm hoping to sort out real soon. I'm hoping to get lots of expert assistance here.

T2a712.jpg

Well hello everybody. My name is Peter from Moreno Valley, CA and I traded in an '85 Chevy pick up for this '71 Westy:

IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

IMAG0746.jpg

Currently getting a nose lift (as you can see) and a new long block over at Blodgett's in San Bernardino, CA.
Also impatiently waiting for fab work to be done on the 4" narrowed adjustable beam, 2.5" drop spindles and 3.5" adjustable spring plates that were ordered from Nate over at WagensWest a couple months ago :party0021:

Welcome one and all and great to meet you :D

Looking forward to the Dormy interior build - hopefully lots of pictures ;)

Hi everyone

Over from the latebay and would like to say hi :D I'm always lurking on here at the classified section, but thought it would be time and polite to introduce myself :D

Foe said:
Hi everyone

Over from the latebay and would like to say hi :D I'm always lurking on here at the classified section, but thought it would be time and polite to introduce myself :D

welcome to the EB :D

Latest posts